Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to get the channels you want without theme packs?

Hi,

I am looking into Optik TV right now, but there is one thing that is a big turn off; the channels. I just want something that is comparable to Shaw's basic and classic channel lineup (channels 2-57).

Mainly I like OLN, History, Food network, Discovery, and a couple of other channels. To get all the channels I like, I have to buy so many different theme packs, because they have that "one" channel in there that I like.

I also checked the area where you can order individual channels, but you can't choose from all the ones available in the theme packs... I would really like to try Optik TV, but forcing customers to buy themes packs for one channel is stupid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sportsnet world

I know that setanta sports is now Sportsnet world. My question now is, will the pricing on the channel drop. The channel is nothing special but i do like that they broadcast better epl games most of the time, especial the sunday games. but during the week there is nothing special. so paying 17 bucks is probably not worth it.

so will the price drop now?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I don't think the price will change. The channel was owned by Rogers before so all they are doing is associating the brand with the rest of the Rogers sports channels.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Telus Promo Expired

So my 15/15/15 promo pricing expired last month. I called Telus and told them I wanted to stay, but had a 15/15/15 flyer from Shaw in my hand and it was too big of a difference not to switch.

They dropped my phone back to $15 (from $23), and Internet to $20 (from $34), and another $10 off TV I think. Anyway, good enough to keep me around, dropped my pre-tax bill by about $32. The discounts are on my account for another year, so we'll see how it goes.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.