Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The spread continues to widen

Latest pricing. Rogers, versus Start versus Teksavvy
Could not find a 75 Mbps package with Start, so I used the pricing for their 100 Mbps plan.

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
The Rogers pricing includes a $10/mo modem/router rental and the others require a modem/router purchase so the difference is not as great as it appears. It's still a significant difference though. Rogers pricing goes up while TPIA pricing goes down. I can't argue with that.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Rogers pricing goes up while TPIA pricing goes down. I can't argue with that.
When you figure a $30 per month saving or $360 per year, not including taxes, one can afford to purchase two new modems annually with the savings.

This week, two colleagues at work jumped ship from Rogers to Start. One, her total Rogers monthly bill was over $300 and she halved it for the exact same services from Start and Virgin Mobile.

The other did same, and soon after, she got a phone call from retentions at Rogers offering to halve the cost of her ignite 150 but only for 12 months. She laughed at the CSR and said "you guys should change your company name to SiriusXM". Needless to say, she didn't want to have to do the dance with Rogers annually.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
One another note, Lorron Technologies showed up in our community last week. There is a new gated community going in and Lorron is bring fiber optic cable into that development.

We are hopeful, we'll see fibre installed down our street in about 12 - 18 months.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts