Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Quicken and others let you do it online in your browser now so you may want to consider that instead of software.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Unfortunately I've had to use a VM running WinXP for the past couple of years.

I'm not yet fully trusting of the web thing when it comes to tax returns. It takes several iterations before I have everything figured out and I wouldn't like to keep that info stored on some companies server. It's bad enough I need to trust the Feds!

Hopefully some of these tax software companies will see the ever expanding none windows market as an untapped fountain to be exploited.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I used Taxtron for a couple of years then I switched to Taxfreeway because it was a bit cheaper. I think you can try it and it will cost you only if you want to print or netfile.

I was satisfied using both but I am far from an expert.

http://www.taxfreeway.ca/mac/

Good luck.

Bob

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
jshel, according to them that's the browser based option. It is not running "native" on the mac.

Yes! There Is A QuickTax Option For Mac Users.

Mac users, you can use QuickTax online editions directly in your Mac's web browser. If you surf on Safari, find facts with Firefox, or get informed with Internet Explorer - you can use any of those browsers to log on and work on your taxes - anytime, anywhere.

There's no software to download, no CD to install and no compatibility program to use. Just turn on your Mac, select a browser you already use and log in to get your taxes done and filed - quickly and easily.

·
Registered
405 Posts
FYI Ufile.ca is updated to do your 2010 taxes. Netfile won't be available until Feb. but you can always plan what you're doing with your refund. :p

·
Registered
181 Posts
Got my notice for Taxfreeway that their software is CRA Netfile certified for tax year 2010. The Mac version is $5 more than the Windows version. And then for $5 more than that you can get the 3 in 2010 package that has versions for Windows, Mac AND iPad. You need to get a license to print or Netfile and that license allows 20 returns.

Just a satisfied customer...

Bob

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have used Taxtron since Quicktax for mac went away.

No issues and I like it. File online.

I have a natural suspicion of putting my personal income on the interwebs through a browser interface, though this may be irrational.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got my notice for Taxfreeway that their software is CRA Netfile certified for tax year 2010. The Mac version is $5 more than the Windows version. And then for $5 more than that you can get the 3 in 2010 package that has versions for Windows, Mac AND iPad. You need to get a license to print or Netfile and that license allows 20 returns.

Just a satisfied customer...

Bob
I have problems with TaxFreeway for Mac.
1. It does not report T4RIF information correctly.
2. It does not provide a Worksheet for Other Income and Deductions.
3. There is no way of contacting TaxFreeway or Entropy Technology Ltd. about it.

You could end up filing a return with thousands of dollars error in your tax payable

1 - 20 of 21 Posts