Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Funny comparison. Only one of those tablets is actually available and some might never be.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
And. of course, half the prices are missing and there's no mention of battery life or how many native apps are available for each platform. You know, the trivial stuff :)

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
xoom was released last week. Early reviews are positive but at $800 and virtually no apps, it's got a battle ahead of it.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Android tablets are obviously behind (as were Android phones) but I think their tablets will follow a similar pattern of sales by catching up to Apple in the next year or so.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Don't think apps are an issue. It;s reportedly very easy to port Froyo/Gingerbread apps to Honeycomb, and writing apps for 3.0 is supposedly easier than earlier Android revisions. Given the huge number of apps written for 1.x/2.x, I think the apps issue will be moot within weeks.

OTOH, I think price is an issue for the Xoom. There needs to be a price advantage against the iPad to really gain traction. I think the Playbook will be a huge hit because of RIM's enterprise presence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts