Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 32" wide tv stand in a small space with a 1080p 40" tv (centre stand) on it.
I've been looking at 4k tvs and most common seem to be 43" with stands at each end.
This would be too wide for my existing stand.
I came across rear mounts that sit on a table instead of attaching to a wall.

Like this:
https://www.amazon.ca/PERLESMITH-Un...t&qid=1563564807&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

How stable are these?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the tv include the screws to mount it or does the mount?
I'm tempted to try a table mount with my existing tv but if the tv had the screws then I lost them.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
A variety of screws were supplied with the mounts I have purchased. There was always the correct size in the assortment.

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
I had the same problem with a 43" TV I bought recently. I just went to Loews and found a piece of shelving that matched my stand, placed it on the stand and then the TV on top of it.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
I tried that as well. The TV seemed a little precarious sitting on the shelf. A small movement could have sent it over the edge. The stand seems like a better idea.

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
I tried that as well. The TV seemed a little precarious sitting on the shelf. A small movement could have sent it over the edge.
I guess that depends on the individual situation. In mine, the shelf doesn't extend far beyond the stand but just enough to hold the TV. I haven't noticed that it's unstable.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
I was concerned that if the TV was bumped and one of the legs went over the edge of the shelf it would tip. The stand is more secure since it is in the middle of the piece if furniture but it is in a location that could easily get bumped.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
You could use some poster tack (or dollar store equivalent) between the surfaces or 3M Command strips so that don't slide against each other. Either should hold the extra shelf in place for light bumps. If using command strips just make sure they are positioned that you can still grab an end to stretch and release them if need be.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
I wouldn't use those with TVs that have closely spaced VESA mounts. The TV would be very unstable.

The other thing I like about the TV stand is that the TV can be raised high enough to place a soundbar under the TV. The TV is very stable despite the TV being raised 4" above the cabinet which is only 20" wide.

·
Registered
32 Posts
They are very stable, but get the one that can swirl like the Huanuo TVS03. The are around the same cost (@$43.00cad) as the fixed Perlesmith when they go on special from time to time. I have three of the TVS03 with 50", 55" and 65" panels attached to them without using the strap kit even.
https://www.amazon.ca/HUANUO-Universal-Adjustment-Tempered-Anti-Tip/dp/B01N4KI7RJ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts