Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Windows 7 Ultimate. I often use the msconfig command to check on startup programs and other things.

I tried uploading some ringtones and wallpaper to my W385 cell (without success) and in doing so, I now get this error...

System Configuration Utility Has Stopped Working
I installed motorola drivers today and that's about all I've done. I have since uninstalled them, cleaned the registry with registry mechanic 9, restarted the computer... I just cannot get "msconfig" to load up anymore.

I've tried going into safe mode even, and even there, it will load briefly, but not allow you to make any changes, and then shut down with the same error message above.

Very confused as to what could've caused this. I'm not sure why installing a legit driver would disable my System Config Utility.

Any suggestions at all? I've been googling this for 2-3 hours now with no luck. I'd hate to repair or re-install for such an insignificant problem, but I don't know if this is a sign of other problems or not.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If 7 has System Restore.

Restore it to before the problem occurred.
I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 two weeks ago, so I only have one restore point. It's after I installed these motorola drivers. I don't have any restore points before that. Maybe one of the services got affected?

It doesn't seem to cause any other problems, but I just like everything to be working properly incase I need it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts