Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in my house we've been using an old Rogers package for cable (basically allowing us channels 1 - 72) for a long time, and that package was discontinued when they released digital cable some years ago, and now we're thinking of switching to Rogers VIP Digital Cable. My question is, if I buy 4 boxes, and I have 5 televisions, will the 5th television still be able to pick up the channels from 1 - 72 as it does right now? We're switching because we pay $78 for this package, when Rogers VIP would cost us $8 more.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Yes the Fifth TV set (Analogue TV) will be able to receive channels 2-71 just fine, but, the VIP Package only allows for a maximum of 4 OUTLETS, they do not specify Digital or Analog outlets, because esentially, there is no difference. they also provide ENOUGH signal to feed 4 splits. Splitting it a Fifth time, may yeild not so good signal on the rest of your sets. they may recommend a drop amp for that many sets, i dunno check with them, and remember, if your not paying for a 5th outlet, and are caught, they will charge the outlet fee to your bill. I recommend to be honest and pay for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts