Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so we called rogers and they say they can't/won't do it. Why... I don't know. It seems kinda silly to me. If you can switch from rogers to someone else or from someone else to rogers why cant you switch from rogers to rogers? Does anyone have any experience with this or advice on how to do it?

Let em give a bit of back story in case your interested. Right now I'm renting a place with someone else. We have home phone, internet and TV with rogers. I'm moving out, and I'd like to keep the phone number, and they'd like to keep the internet and TV. What I'd like to do is just open a new rogers account and have the telephone number ported to that account, but they wont let me.

Any advice?

·
Registered
53 Posts
here is a good tip for when dealing with greedy companies like rogers and bell.
if you have technical problems or a problem such as yours you need to call and ask to cancel your service then when they ask why you are canceling calmly and politley explain your situation and 99% of the time the greedy pigs will fix your problem quickly without hassel. Its a backwards way of doing things but it beats spending hours on hold being bounced from person to person.

·
Registered
260 Posts
They are probably not doing it because the 3 services may be bundled together.

The only way I see you keeping your number is canceling the TV and Internet portion off your bill, which may subject you to a penalty, and taking the Phone Terminal and account with you to the new place. Your ex-roomies will then have to open their own account with Rogers for the TV and Internet in their name. Sometimes you can schedule the Disco/Reco for the same day which minimizes the downtime. Otherwise they may be without services for a couple days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts