Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm new here so I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong spot.

I recently got a flyer in my mail saying that Aliant's FibreOp service is now available at my location. I was checking out the bundles they offer and am very interested however I have a question that hopefully I can get some help with.

I currently have Bell TV on a 2 year contract which ends this December. Now can anyone tell me if I cancel my service for BellTV to hook up Bell Aliant TV will i still have to pay the cancellation fee since they are both Bell products? I am an employee of Bell Aliant if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I suspect you'll have to pay the fee since they are products offered by different companies and systems are separate. But that said, if you talk to Bell Aliant first, they may be able to offer you a credit to offset the Bell cancellation fee amount if you explain your situation. Worth a try in the name of FibreOP.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Can you get a letter from the building owner saying that Dish's are no longer allowed.?

Bell might just waive the cancellation fee if you fax in a letter like that...... Just an idea.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I switched back at the end of April this year, and I must say that I couldn't be happier! Hard to say if Bell will charge you an early termination fee or not, because although Aliant is a child company of Bell, they are still two completely different entities.

I was able to get a credit for $120 for cancelling Bell (because the Aliant agent told me that they knew I had to give 30 days notice) - I was not on a contract with Bell at the time...

By switching to BellAliant FibreOp for everything (TV, Phone, Internet), I am saving about $100 a month, and getting tons more download bandwidth (25 Mbps now up from 3 before), better programming "bundles" and basic programming. After doing the math, it was a no-brainer for me.

The only thing that will take getting used to - and give it a chance - is when I moved from the 9242 to their Motorola VIP 1216 PVR. A little strange, but works fine for me....

OH - one more thing - a fibreop box (whatever the tech term for it is...) is required to be installed on the side of the house - don't think it's possible for an apartment if you're in one, but I can't say for sure...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts