Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I've been searching for a while (with no luck) to see if my idea may work for my parents motor home.
they've got a dish on the roof that finds it's own signal, which is a great feature. However they've been to a couple of places that it won't find a signal. I assume its just going too fast to lock on. In this instance i have them a tripod and a dish that they can aim and lock on. Trouble is how do i wire this in so their tv's work with whatever dish is operating? is there a way? as it stands i've plugged the stand alone dish into the rear of the motor home and just switched the coax i behind the receiver on the main tv. this works for me, but its probably not smart for my parents to try playing with wires......... I didn't know if theres some kind of switch that would bring 2 signals in and 1 signal out. never would both dishes be hooked up at the same, and then which ever dish works for them would just show signals on both tvs. additionally, there is 2 connections at the back of the motorhome, so i could bring 2 coax from the tripod and install 2 of these switches (1 for each reciever)

hopefully this makes some kind of sense, and hopefully i have some kind of option for these guys! thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
The motorhome dish should be able to find the sats if the signal isn't blocked by trees. OTOH the rooftop dish may be smaller than your tripod dish and the signal isn't as good, especially they're in the southern provinces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts