Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to call Rogers to ask about the SDV channels and asked how many are there, and Which channels are under SDV. The rep doesnt have clue about it. Does any one know how many are there, and which channels have SDV.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
If you go to that "data" info screen(the one that has all the techno info){press pause on the remote for PVR remotes, and I think the same for regular remotes, wait till the e-mail indicator on the box flashes then press page up]] scroll through the screens till you find the SDV ones. It tells you how many there are in your area.

Example Ottawa has 406 channels

I know most of the ethnics are SDV
Super Channel ones
some french ones(depending on your area)
and a few english speavialty ones(don't recall which ones)
and a few sports ones(PPV)

·
Registered
933 Posts
I know when I had the SDV problem a few weeks ago that with the Adult channels Playboy and Hustler were Not SDV...but Penthouse, Red Hot and AOV Movies and clips were SDV.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the suggestion and it currently says there are 406 SDV but I would like to know if there are going to have a Lineup on rogers.com to allow customers know that that particiaular channel is Switch Digital Video. and May experience some issues.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I highly dought Rogers would "come out" and say which problems channels would have with SDV. Thats just opening a can of worms, because customers would thn argue if SDV is an issue don't make the channel I sub to a SDV one. Hence you see the issue.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still the CONSUMER still have rights to be notice and aware of. There should be a listing.

·
Super Moderator
56,567 Posts
Why? If you can't get a channel, call Rogers. Makes no difference if it's SDV or not. It'd just be a waste of resources to create a list for the 1-2 people who might want to see it and are too lazy to go into the diagnostics to see it.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Agreed. SDV is supposed to be virtually invisible to the user. The last thing Rogers needs is a couple bored old people surfing through SDV channels looking for problems so they can call and complain and demand credits.

What's next, they should provide a list of channels they receive by satellite feeds, so we can know that there may be problems if Galaxy 15 suddenly fails?

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
i would like a list of SDV channels, and if no one else wants to start it, i will start it and manage it, why? for my own peace of mind, not for anyone elses personal gain either. some people do things just cus, and theres absolutely no reason to stop them from doing what they truely want and no reason to say anything negative about people who do these things. One guy made a map of all cell towers in southern ontario including pictures. he even went as far as identifying them all on his own with no help from the wireless carriers. why? cus he likes that kind of stuff, its his hobby. Mine will be identifying SDV channels if i decide to go ahead with the list.

people should not be deterred from doing these types of things, if it will contribute some knowledge to society or for their own knowledge.

·
Super Moderator
56,567 Posts
Paolo People may feel free to do this if they wish to volunteer, but to ask a supplier to invest in such an endeavor and increase the cost for all customers is not on, especially for a small number of people.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
57, I never agreed with that analogy, thus thats why I never discussed about it untill you broght it up. I think let a individual invest his spare time into it, and not the organization.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont think it would be a waste of time to have a list of the Channels with SDV. It would help Tech Support if there was an issue with the channel with SDV they cant correct it.

·
Super Moderator
56,567 Posts
CSRs can access that information on your STB diagnostics. There's no need for them to have a list since the list would always be outdated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts