Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an SD PVR we are using in the bedroom but I would like to swap it for an HD receiver WITHOUT PVR capabilities. Has anyone ever tried this or have any information as to whether Bell will allow swaps of rcvrs? We are renting the rcvrs and the cost per month is exactly the same for an SD PVR and a non pvr HD. Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
If Bell consider it an 'upgrade' which I do, then yes they should allow it, you will have to let Bell TV come and do the installation as it is a rental and if you actually want HD, then they will also have to install a second LNBF and switch.

·
Registered
282 Posts
About a year ago I swapped my SD PVR for an HD Receiver (non-PVR), Bell considered it an upgrade (Besides during the contract you are entitled to one free upgrade, otherwise upgrade fees might apply). We also got a deal of six-month free HD Themes packages and $7 discount for one year on the HD Receiver. Bell being Bell, it took them six months to get the billing right. They had registered the upgrade erroneously as me buying the HD receiver instead of renting.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more note

Actually we already have HD on 2 of our TVs and the dual LNB is already installed so it is simply a matter of disconnecting one rcvr and hooking up another. Timne to call Bell and see what happens. Thanks for the information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts