Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
41 - 60 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, only one receiver is to get both 91 and 82. Thanks for the information. The less lines I have to run into and around the house the better. So I just need to get one lnb, run one line from that and one line from the SW24 into one sw21 and from there to the one receiver.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not getting a new receiver. I have three Bell 3100 and one 2700. They were all running fine on sat91 but now I have a request in the household to be able to get international stations off sat82 on one of the receivers.

I was looking for the cheapest way to accomplish that and since I didn't need sat82 on all the receivers. I think one SW21 solves my problem plus they are way cheaper than a SW44.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Yes cheapest and easiest way is one SW21 switch like you described with a lnb in 82 slot. One line from 82 direct from lnb and one line from sw24 switch goes into the SW21 switch and the output from there into the receiver.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Even if you don’t need the second cable from the new LNB (yet), I would recommend installing it. While you are up at the dish, it will take very little extra time and money to run the extra line. It will save you a problem down the line when you will need the 82 bird on one of the other receivers. And I bet you will! Having the second cable gives you all kinds of options (sw24, sw44, etc); with only one you are limited to just one receiver, and can’t install any kind of multi-way switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Adding a third receiver

I was wondering how to add a third receiver to my dish. I have BEV with a Dish Network LNBF connected to a Dish Network SW1, a dual Bell Expressvu LNBF connected to another SW1. The receivers are - an 3100R setup for regular viewing, a 6141N setup for HD, and a spare 3100R. I am looking for the cheapest way without buying additional equipment if necessary, aside from extra cable. I read this thread and can't seem to figure it out. :confused: Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
oshawaloverboy,

You have to buy additional equipment. There are many ways to do what you want. Do you need both satellites on all the receivers?

Here are some of the cheapest and easiest methods.

1) Get a SW24 or 34 multiswitch which would make 2 inputs into 4 outputs. If not all receivers need both satellites then one switch is all you would need.

2) SW44 switch.

3) Legacy quad lnb.

Many more but I think these would be best options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help again!!!!

I got a sw34, but i'm not sure of the proper setup. I believe all receivers need both sats, but i can't seem to get it to work. Do I need a 4x4 or how do I connect the 3x4 so all get both sats. I have cable, 2 sw21's and a sw34 to work with.
This is the original setup for 2 receivers

·
Registered
510 Posts
Why do you say that you believe all receivers need both inputs. Satellite 82 carries HD, international, and specific local programming only. Unless you have all HD receivers or subscribe to international/specific local programming, you don't need both for all receivers.

Put your two 91 inputs into the SW34 to get 4 outputs. Take two of these outputs and combine them with 2 from 82 via your SW21's to get 2 outputs with both 91 and 82. The remaining two outputs from the SW34 will have only 91 programming.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question. Does anyone know how to hook up my dish to my trailer? Can I somehow use a splitter to hook up the dish to my antenna? There are 2 leads coming from the dish and I'd like to run them into 1 and connect to the antenna. This probably sounds stupid, but I don't have a clue. If you could supply diagrams this would be a bonus and any addition parts I might need, or I'm back to bush cable.

Thanx

·
Registered
8 Posts
What if I have a 16 port Multiswitch going to a dish that has 2 SW21's . I don't get anything on Sat 82 but Sat 91 is there. When I remove the cable from the multiswitch and go directly into a receiver both Sat's appear.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to use this set-up with any type of multiswitch?

Tony

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Tony Maselli,

You need to put the SW21 switch after the 16 port multiswitch.

For instance two lines from 91 go into the 16 port multiswitch. A line from 16 port multiswitch output and one line from 82 lnb go into the SW21 switch and then into receiver.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can I use a D6530 and SW21 to feed 3 bev receivers

Hello,
I havea rca D6530 and SW21 ... will the bev receivers recognize these switchs or should I just buy a sw44? also do you need to use the power line on the d6530???

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
loftaone,

Yes the RCA multiswitch will work however that model is supposed to be powered. Not sure if it will work without. The prior model 6520 does not have a power adaptor.

The SW21 switch has to go after the multiswitch as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for the quick response

I will try to install... Do I have to set the receivers to anything special in setup menu to recognize the switches? I have a 6141 and 2 4100 I will use the combined line from the sw21 after the 2x4 for the 6141

Thanks in advance!
Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for everyones help

I did the install with the RCA switch and used sw21s after the RCA and it worked like a charm. The best part is I did the install with hardware I already had without paying extra for the SW44. For the record the RCA switch needed to be powered to work. This forum is really great and informative. :p thank you everyone!!!

41 - 60 of 373 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.