Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
361 - 373 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Exactly what jdevlin said, that is the only way with the switch's you have.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Trying to move a receiver.

Hello, I hope someone can help me with this issue and that I placed it in the right post as I do not see any other relevant ones to use. I have 4 receivers on my system and wish to move one to a location where running a new line to the main switch is impossible.

My current setup is a DPP44 which feeds the following:
9241 (Split just before the receiver for the 2 tuners)

I want to move the 4100 to another area of the house, but can't run the cable to the DPP44. I can run a cable from the room where the 3100 is or also from where the 9241 is. Therefore, is there a switch or signal seperator I can use that would allow me to:

A) Separate/Split the signal from just before 3100 and run a line to the new location of the 4100. The length of the cable from the 3100 to the 4100 would be roughly 30 feet. (This option would require the least amount of work to run the cable)

or

B) Separte/Split the signal at the 9241 into 3 (2 for the 9241 tuners and a third for the 4100). The length of the cable from the 9241 to the 4100 is about 20 feet, but will require more work to get through the walls to the 4100 than option A.

Which option would work best, if any and what switch or separator would I use to make it work and where could I buy it from.

Thanks

·
Registered
983 Posts
@Zack1972

Also, FYI, the "splitter" on the back of your 9241 is called a DPP Separator.

It cannot be used as a splitter, because it is not a splitter.

Satellite signal cannot be split like TV cable can.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
no odd transponders issue

Very strange issue with a sw34 I have installed for a 2700, 4100, 5900, 9200.
the 4100 on output 2 had no odd transponders. The other two units were working fine. I swapped the 4100 and 5900 (outputs 2 & 4)at the switch and both units are working fine.
What could cause this? Does this switch need a power inserter? I have never used one.
Check switch does find a switch. Is that normal?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Only ever used a switch when it was 125' from LNBF to switch input.

You know you have 5 tuners but 4 outputs from the switch?

Try the old, remove cables from 4100, run check switch, let it fail, then reattach and run again thing, see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The 9200 only needs one sat input to function for OTA.
It's functioning fine so I will leave as is.
Just couldn't figure out why swapping the sat connections made it work. Switch is indoors and not exposed to weather.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
No, I agree, that is odd. Could only offer a poor connection as the reason. Changing the connector on the line feeding the 4100 would be where I start, if that does not work, just swap them over and keep your fingers crossed....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Q,

It looks like you are the man when it comes to this stuff. Would it be possible for me to send you a sketch of my switch layout for you to review and tell me where I have gone wrong?

Much appreciated if I could. Thanks.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
57,120 Posts
We prefer if people keep the discussions on the forum - the entire purpose of a forum. If you have a sketch, please post it here as a picture. You may upload it to any picture sharing website and post the URL in your next post.

361 - 373 of 373 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.