Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shopping around for a pair of 5.1 DD surround sound headphones. I would like something that I can hook up to an Xbox or a PC (using SPDIF digital connector). The current leader of the pack seems to be the Pioneer SE-DIR800C headphones, but they retail for $400 US. Anyone know a Canadian distributer for them and what the Canadian price might be?

Anyone have suggestions for other alternatives, wireless or wired?

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, saw that thread when I was searching before posting. Really interested in getting something that works for both the PC and my Xbox though.

Didn't know about the headphone mix on some DVDs though, that's really cool.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found them at Signature Audio Video here in Ottawa. $500 retail. Going to see if they'll deal.

Jason

·
Registered
87 Posts
Drainc said:
I've been shopping around for a pair of 5.1 DD surround sound headphones. I would like something that I can hook up to an Xbox or a PC (using SPDIF digital connector). The current leader of the pack seems to be the Pioneer SE-DIR800C headphones, but they retail for $400 US. Anyone know a Canadian distributer for them and what the Canadian price might be?

Anyone have suggestions for other alternatives, wireless or wired?

Thanks,

Jason
how about the ZALMAN ZM-RS6F 5.1 CHANNEL EQUIVALENT 6 SPEAKER REAL SURROUND HEADPHONES. NCIX carries these at an extremely attractive price. Many user reviews are available there as well

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=10318&vpn=ZM-RS6F&manufacture=ZALMAN TECH

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Drainc said:
Found them at Signature Audio Video here in Ottawa. $500 retail. Going to see if they'll deal.

Jason
This really sounds great on paper. Would you give a first impression when you have a chance? I looked at the Pioneer web site for the spec, and it says freq response is 12k-22kHz. Must be a mistake here since 12k at the lower end will not be able to reproduce human voice properly, which is at about 4kHz. May be they meant 120 Hz to 22 kHz?

If this thing is any good, it will be great for my home theatre which is also my bedroom, and will be 100% WAF.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I went to audition one in a dealer in Richmond Hill. Very good indeed. No wireless hiss, and bass is very good too. This is the best of the wireless and comes with dolby headphone technology. But, it is selling for $450. I just broke my wireless headphone a while back, so I think I might go and buy it.

Here is a recent forum that users are very pleased with it.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144699&page=1&pp=15

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I bought the 800c this afternoon (drove out in the snow storm, call me nuts). Have been using it for a few hours. Getting used to it. By itself, low end is not strong enough, so I have to use equalizer from the software decoder. Other users say it needs a couple of hundrd hours to break in. I guess it is all right to use the equalizer to compensate for the time being. I like it, except for the high price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts