Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! Too bad SD doesn't offer them in HD like Bell and Rogers. WGN is the only one in HD

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Anybody else receiving a "you do not subscribe to this channel" message for WGN HD? I'm getting the SD versions (including WGN), but not WGN HD. I hope this includes WGN HD, because otherwise it is a waste.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I'm getting WGN HD because I pay for it. It's only 99cents by itself.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Although it's possible to get the Superstations for $0.99/each, CSRs are NOT supposed to do it unless you subscribe to a package that includes Super Ecran.

The only options for English subs are; $3.95 add on to Fun Stuff, $4.95 standalone with Family or with Movies and/or SuperChannel.

If you don't have Super Ecran, it may take you a few tries with different CSRs to get them for $0.99/each.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
If I remember correctly it was a technical rep that gave me WGN HD for 99cents. I was getting a replacement 530 authorized and was bumped up to a TSR. Had tried a few times with the CSRs and even "Ask Jim" but the best they would offer was the 3.95 package. I just wanted WGN since at the time they carried a wrestling show that no other station carried. They stopped carrying the wrestling earlier this year but I didn't cancel the channel.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If I remember correctly it was a technical rep that gave me WGN HD for 99cents. I was getting a replacement 530 authorized and was bumped up to a TSR. Had tried a few times with the CSRs and even "Ask Jim" but the best they would offer was the 3.95 package. I just wanted WGN since at the time they carried a wrestling show that no other station carried. They stopped carrying the wrestling earlier this year but I didn't cancel the channel.
As you can probably guessed I am a bit of a wrestling fan myself. It's really too bad we in Canada can't enjoy WWE Superstars anymore because the CRTC says only locals and specialties are allowed (no general interest cable networks). If the CRTC were to change these regulations then we would no longer have to suffer through watching Peachtree TV and WGN-Chicago in lieu of TBS and WGN America. Who watches Peachtree anyways? Please note that I am not one of those CRTC whiners that complains about sim-subbing, I just want to watch my favourite TV shows with or without Canadian commercials. I don't care because I use my PVR anyways.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I don't see why they would be offering a free preview of these channels when they don't even advertise this bundle.

Most (those subscrived to Fun Stuff) have already been getting these channels free for a few years now (except for WGN). I'm paying $0.99/month. I should really "cancel" this channel, i.e. the charge, since the channel is coming in free now but not sure if it's worth the hassle then to try and get it back for $0.99 once the freeview is over.

·
Registered
115 Posts
TheHans - Thx for the tip. I didnt even get an email from SD informing me about this freeview. :S
All joking aside, does SD actually send the e-newsletter? I signed up but have never received anything other than a confirmation e-mail saying that I had signed up.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Their so little tv worth watching during the Summer that the providers would be wise to open the whole deal up for July and August and go to a small flat rate. That might just push peoples to upgrade in September.

·
Read Only
629 Posts
All joking aside, does SD actually send the e-newsletter? I signed up but have never received anything other than a confirmation e-mail saying that I had signed up.
I signed up about 3-4 months ago and have received a few emails from them, especially about promos that are happening, that's why its odd that i didnt get this one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts