Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
NCAA football games were absent from HD channel 480 on Saturday.

Also, Cogeco has been pimping the ESPN Friday night game in HD for many weeks now in the guide but has yet to actually show it in HD.

·
Registered
91 Posts
NCAA Football on 480 was not shown because Rogers decided not to send the feed to Cogeco. This was according to a CSR when I called on Saturday. Cogeco does not have control over this product.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah, you posted that in two other threads already. We get it.

That doesn't mean it's true. And even if it is, it's Cogeco's responsibility to service what they sell. I'm sure if I told Cogeco that I couldn't pay my bill this month because my employer gives me my money and didn't this week, that it would fly at all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not a Sports Pack subscriber but last night I noticed I was getting some NBA and OHL games on the SD channels. Is there another free preview going on?

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Possibly, the NBA season just started so there probably is a free preview. As for the OHL games, they were probably on channels that NBA games were supposed to be on, but Cogeco screwed up.

NCAA games were a cluster-frak again on Saturday. No HD games and no games at all after 3:30. They haven't even been updating the PDF with the NCAA games the past few weeks. I guess if they've given up, maybe I should too? Anyway to get out of this 6-month commitment?

Oh, and it was nice to see that even though we only get 4 HD NFL games on Sundays on the SSP, two yesterday were games we already got in HD (Cincy - Miami was on TSN2 and Seattle - Oakland was on FOX-Seattle). I'm pretty sure Rogers offers those channels too, so please don't anybody bring that up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Friday, two nba hd games listed plus the ncaa hd game listed on the guide but nothing to view.
No sat night ncaa games on ssp or hd ssp, could this be due to capacity: each ssp channel either had NHL,NBA or OHL saturday night. Two OHL games were on two channels(repeated).

fyi, rogers and bell have carried ncaa games on sportsnet one or in SSP via fox sportsnet, Kansas vs Kansas St. a couple weeks back is an example

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would it be considered an error to leave the FSU/NC ncaa game with 30 seconds left in the fourth quarter with FSU on the NC 40 yard line down by two points to start the sudbury wolves OHL game at seven last night. Cause thats what happened.... FSU missed a thirty five yarder, wide right.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Absolutely, but you didn't really want to miss "O Canada" at the start of an OHL game, did you? It wasn't like the UNC - FSU game was close or anything.

Where is that guy pressing the button right on time for all the other games that start late? For example, the Raiders - Chiefs game on Sunday was showing the wrong game for a while, then kicked in late. I can't stress enough how incompetent the folks that run the SSP for Cogeco are.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Continuing the downward trend in HD programming on the SSP, it appears Cogeco has given up completely on broadcasting any NCAA football or basketball games. On Monday, the ESPN family is broadcasting an absurd amount of college basketball games and despite nothing else on during the day, Cogeco has neglected to provide any of them in HD on the SSP.

Also, it appears we're getting more NFL games on the SSP that are already on other Canadian channels in HD instead of providing games not available elsewhere.

This will definitely be my last year of the SSP and hopefully (fingers crossed), my last year of Cogeco TV totally.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I was able to get some updated information regarding the Super Sports Pack on non Rogers cable systems.

Apparently there is a total of 4 feeds that Rogers currently sends to other cable systems. 2 of the feeds are dedicated to Super Sports pack. The other 2 are shared with the 2 Viewer's Choice Pay Per View channels. There are only 4x Super Sports Pack channels on Sunday's for NFL Sunday Ticket.

The reason we see discrepancies is because HDSP1 and HDSP2 are switched digital video channels which are available to Rogers all-the-time. For other systems, they are only available on Sunday for Super Sports Pack.

Apparently the switched-digital-video channels will be available to other systems soon, though I have no date on when that would happen.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So 23 SSP HD channels is complete overkill considering Cogeco won't be able to support that anytime in the next decade?

They may as well kill the 4 NCAA channels right now, they've stopped broadcasting all HD NCAA games completely.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looking at the super sports pack hd schedule on the guide it looks like from 12pm until 1am on thursday it will be all college basketball on channel 480. Better late than never

·
Registered
91 Posts
NHL CI Channel 464 was taken off the guide tonight and changed to DW HD in order to show some dinasour show in HD at 9:30. This wiped out todays Calgary vs/ Detroit game scheduled for 5 pm EST. I had to settle to watch is SD. Cogeco will find anyway to screw up the Super Sports Pack.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Is anyone else here getting the SSP without ordering it? I've been getting select hockey football and basketball games in SD for the past month. At first I figured it was because they extended the NHL preview, but that doesn't explain the NBA game I'm watching right now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is anyone else here getting the SSP without ordering it? I've been getting select hockey football and basketball games in SD for the past month. At first I figured it was because they extended the NHL preview, but that doesn't explain the NBA game I'm watching right now.
Yep, I posted about that on October 31st. Usually end up with a bunch of OHL games because of the range of channels that are available. I'm not getting all of the SD SSP channels, are you?

·
Registered
457 Posts
sf. said:
Yep, I posted about that on October 31st. Usually end up with a bunch of OHL games because of the range of channels that are available. I'm not getting all of the SD SSP channels, are you?
No I'm in the same boat as you, I'm only getting certain SD SSP channels. But hey, I'll take what I can get. I was able to watch the Detroit Red Wings game last night because of it, so I'm pretty satisfied.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
NHL CI Channel 464 was taken off the guide tonight and changed to DW HD in order to show some dinasour show in HD at 9:30. This wiped out todays Calgary vs/ Detroit game scheduled for 5 pm EST. I had to settle to watch is SD. Cogeco will find anyway to screw up the Super Sports Pack.
Channel 464 is back to NHL HD, I guess it was only taken off to show the Dinosaur thing in 3D last night... at first tho Cogeco replaced that channel with CBC 3D but then switched it to DW 3D

21 - 40 of 61 Posts