Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please use this thread to list any errors you notice with Cogeco's Super Sports Pack. I don't want discussion on the items or even "yeah, I noticed that too!". There's an ongoing thread to discuss the SSP, please use that for the actual discussion of the package. I just want a list of any problems encountered, whether it be missing games, games appearing late (excluding games JIP due to the prior game on the same channel going late, clearly that's not Cogeco's fault), audio problems, video problems/bad pixellation & macro blocking, games missing or mis-reported in the iGuide, etc...

My hope is that someone with any sort of pull at Cogeco will see this and realize how big the problems are with this package.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I'll start with these.

San Jose State - Wisconsin game in HD on channel 480 did not start on time on Saturday, Sept. 11. The game was not joined until at least after the first quarter. I checked after halftime and it was there.

Also, there were no listings in the guide for the HD games on Saturday.

On Sunday (Sept. 12) when the NFL channels kicked in, channel 433 had very loud audio issues, and the sound was absent from channel 434. These were addressed relatively quickly (long before the games began). Also, the FOX pre-game show in HD was on channel 477 (which was airing a CBS game at 1:00).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Maybe this isn't what your looking for, but the HD SSP listings on the cogeco site arent up to date.

Also, last night San Francisco vs. LA Dodgers wasn't listed on the TV guide.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The PDF files are rarely up to date. Usually the football games (both NCAA & NFL) are updated on Fridays. There's no reason these can't be updated every day, but frankly I've given up hope that Cogeco will ever hire someone versed in Adobe on more than a part-time basis.

Games not in the guide are a big deal for those of us that PVR programs. Without the game in the guide, I've got to setup a manual recording because the generic blocks of time listed are always out-of-whack with the actual game times.

·
Registered
161 Posts
NFL Sunday Ticket

And once again this weekend Cogeco is only using 2 out of the 4 NFL channels for showing games in HD. The stupidity just baffles me...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not showing the San Diego / San Fran game in HD was a shame. Not to mention that the 2 early games on the Sunday Ticket HD channels were games picked up on the Detroit HD feeds. Cogeco could have at least picked other games as opposed to duplicates. I often wonder why Cogeco does not use the 23 Super Sports Pack HD channels collectively as opposed to having them dedicated to a specific sport similar to the SD format. This year has been absolutely brutal once NFL and College FB started. I think it would only get worse in terms of guide / availability etc once the NHL starts later this week.

·
Registered
161 Posts
NFL

So far the HD service on the SSP is a total Bust IMO. They have all these channels reserved, and barely utilize any of them.

Yesterday for NFL, as the first 3 weeks went, they only used 2/4 HD channels. And to make matters even worse, the 2 games they showed at 1pm on the SSP HD channels were duplicates of other games shown in the 700s. Great job guys, that gained us absolutely nothing. I had 4/9 games at 1pm in HD..... complete dissapointment. The games look horrendous in 4:3 SD in comparison.

I don't know if they just don't have the bandwith to utilize more channels at once, or what it is.... Hopefully hockey gets better utilization, but i'm in no way getting my hopes up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Especially because football is a sport where you switch channels alot so there's no time for the long delay to switch between definitions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes the HD service being provided for SSP is a joke. The channels are never used. i called support one day and someone had the nerve to tell me that the game is probably not being broadcast in HD oiginally!!! Can you believe that?!!

I had to call them out on it, i think i made the tech support girl feel kind of dumb for even suggesting that but if you dont know what youre talking about dont lie.

There are some customers out there that know their stuff.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just noticed this after watching a few NFL games I recorded on Sunday as I was out of town, but every NFL Sunday Ticket game appears to have frozen at around 1:45 for almost 10 minutes.

·
Registered
161 Posts
frozen channels

Yep, there were some issues with all the SSP channels around that time. They all froze, then came back on. The Cincy game lost audio for almost an hour.

·
Registered
91 Posts
For Sunday October 17, Cogeco is only showing 3 NFL games in HD this week. I cannot figure out why they under utilize the HD Super Sports Channels. It is well known that all NFL games are broadcasted in HD.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts