Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Super Channel acquires four new unscripted series from Farpoint Films

Super Channel is pleased to announce that it has acquired four new unscripted series from Winnipeg based Farpoint Films. The first to premiere will be My Misdiagnosis (26 x 48), a medical mystery documentary series coming to Super Channel Fuse on Wednesday June 2 at 8 p.m. ET.

The remaining Farpoint series coming to Super Channel in late 2021 and 2022, include Disaster Déjà vu (13 x 48), The Day My Job Tried To Kill Me (13 x 44) and Heartland Homicide (26 x 44). See the press release for series descriptions.

----

Hollywood Suite announced it will be the exclusive broadcast home for season 6 of Line of Duty this October, and that they have seasons 1–5 available On Demand.

Super Channel continues to show seasons 1–5 and has them On Demand, but that can end prematurely when licences change hands.
Line of Duty season 6 has already started streaming in Canada on Britbox. This series was the only reason I kept my subscription to Super Channel for years, and unfortunately there have been no new series of interest for me for some time now. I have been keeping my subscription because I wanted to support an independent channel that had overcome a couple of bankruptcy close calls, but it is time to move on. I wish them the best .

·
Super Moderator
18,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Super Channel announced a nationwide free preview across all four of its channels (Fuse, Heart & Home, Vault and GINX Esports TV Canada) plus Super Channel On Demand June 14 - 23. Free Preview Programming highlights: (all programming subject to change, all times ET.)

Super Channel Fuse:
Specials:
TMZ Investigates: Tiger King - What Really Went Down?
(Canadian premiere) - June 14 at 7:30 pm.
TMZ Investigates: Harry & Meghan – The Royals in Crisis – June 14 at 8:15 pm.

Series:
Secrets in the Ice
(Season two premiere) - June 21 at 8 pm.
My Misdiagnosis – new episode June 16 at 8 pm.

Additional series airing during the free preview and available via On Demand include all seven seasons of the Mad Men, seasons 1 and 2 of Condor, House of Ho, as well as seasons 1 – 5 of Line of Duty.

Movies:
Premieres - Mickey and The Bear (June 18 at 9 pm) and American Exit (June 19 at 9 pm).
Other movie highlights include Shoot to Marry, Who We Are Now, Driveways, Eternal Beauty and Nadia, Butterfly.

Documentaries:
Catching a Serial Killer: Bruce McArthur, Fred Penner This is My World, The Science Fiction Makers
and Bisping.

Super Channel Heart & Home:
The Parker Andersons
& Amelia Parker airing back-to-back Mondays beginning at 8 pm.
Bulloch Family Ranch – new episodes Wednesdays at 8 pm.
Mystic – new episode June 20 at 8 pm.

Additional programming available On Demand includes all seasons (1 – 8) of When Calls the Heart, Chesapeake Shores seasons 3 & 4 and seasons 1 thru 13 of Heartland.

Super Channel Vault:
Titles airing during the free preview and available On Demand include Rambo, Dirty Dancing, The King’s Speech, Chaplin, Good Will Hunting, Basic Instinct, Amistad, Mulholland Drive, Lee Daniels: The Butler, Chicago and many more.

GINX Esports TV Canada:
Rocket League Central
- New episodes premiere Tuesdays at 7 pm.
World of Fortnite – New episodes premiere Thursdays at 7 pm.
Clash of Clans Championship – LIVE on Sundays in June.

----

Super Channel announced five new unscripted true crime docuseries with over 100 hours of Canadian content from Breakthrough Entertainment will be coming to Super Channel Fuse. I Lived With a Killer (20 x 60) will premiere on Friday June 25 at 8 p.m. ET. All 20 episodes in the series will be available to binge watch on Super Channel On Demand, the day following the series premiere. The remaining premiere dates to be announced in late 2021 and beyond are:

Charmed to Death (8 x 60) – Super Channel Fuse Original series
Cruise Ship Killers season 2 (14 x 60) – Super Channel Fuse Original series
Sex, Lies and Murder (40 x 60) – Produced by Pyramid Pictures
Sunshine Slayings (26 x 60) Super Channel Fuse Original series

·
Super Moderator
18,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Get set for a summer of guilty pleasures on Super Channel Fuse

Super Channel rolls out the red carpet for The Royals, with a four-episode premiere on Thursday, July 1 at 8 p.m. ET on Super Channel Fuse. Two episodes will then air weekly on Thursdays beginning at 8 p.m. ET. All episodes from all four seasons (40 x 44 min) of the series will be available for viewers to binge at their leisure beginning July 2 on Super Channel On Demand.

Then, beginning August 3 at 9 p.m. ET, Super Channel Fuse sparks it up every Tuesday night with Weeds. Four half-hour episodes will air on Tuesdays each week on the linear schedule with all episodes from all eight seasons of the series (102 x 30) available on Super Channel On Demand as of August 4.

·
Super Moderator
18,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Super Channel’s GINX Esports TV Canada will be the proud home to the inaugural edition of the TELUS Esports Series tournament finals, broadcast live July 31 and August 1, 2021 beginning at 12 p.m. ET each day. GINX Esports TV Canada is currently offered in free preview in Alberta and B.C. with TELUS Optik TV until August 18. Super Channel is also available via most cable providers across the country as well as available to stream on Amazon Prime Video channels and the Apple TV app. (Super Channel Press Release)

----

Bulloch Family Ranch Season 2 premieres July 21 @ 8:00PM ET on Heart & Home
Available Streaming & On Demand Jul 22 2021 to May 31 2023

·
Super Moderator
18,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 · (Edited)
CBC/Radio-Canada and Super Channel are partnering with the BBC to bring five-part Arctic nautical adventure THE NORTH WATER to Canadian audiences across the country. THE NORTH WATER will make its first Canadian debut on Super Channel Fuse on Sunday, September 19 at 9 p.m. ET with each episode available on Super Channel On Demand the day following its weekly linear broadcast, followed by wide release on CBC TV, CBC Gem, ICI TÉLÉ and ICI TOU.TV in fall 2022. THE NORTH WATER will premiere in the UK on BBC Two this fall, and is streaming on AMC+ in the U.S. this summer. (Super Channel Press Release)

·
Super Moderator
18,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Season five of Hallmark original series Chesapeake Shores will return to Super Channel Heart & Home on Sunday, Aug 15 at 8 p.m. ET. Each episode from the ten-episode fifth season will also be available on Super Channel On Demand, the day following its weekly linear broadcast. (Super Channel Press Release)

161 - 167 of 167 Posts