Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beware to all who took the Super Channel free for 3 months promotion.

I received my invoice today, and guess what?

11$ for Superchannel but no credit!

Go Bell!!

Looks like another online bitching session with a CSR.

Also, is it just me or has Bell blocked out the ability to swap channels within A LA CARTE on line? I used to make changes all the time between my selection of 30. Today it says I have to contact Bell to make changes.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I got the credit but was charged $16. WTF? :confused:

Also, you need to cancel before the third month is up or start paying full price. We haven't watched a single program on SC in the 1+ month we've had it. YMMV

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got credited for the charge and told them to remove SuperChannel.

They had the nerve to ask why.

Maybe when they get their billing set up like Dish Network (where such promotions are credited immediately when the charge comes through, and where they set the promotion up to "auto-cancel" when it is over rather than having the customer remember to call in to cancel), I may be more willing to participate.

And you are right, there is really nothing on SuperChannel... nada.

How does it survive?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I sub to it for 1 reason they carry all the Showtime fights in Hd and when you have HDnet besides you get alot of boxing and mma events. I'm not a Bell costumer but thats why I sub to it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Bell's movie promotion was always a SUBSCRIPTION with the first two months free, and it's always been two. I always specifically tell my customers to call BEFORE the third month starts to avoid any subscription charges, if they don't plan on keeping any of the movie packages that Bell offers.

Pretty sure nothing such as "auto-cancel" exists with any subscription, anywhere. Otherwise, it isn't a subscription.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Costa, I can confirm that Dish Network uses "auto-cancel".
It is done on-line and saves their call center a huge volume of people calling in to cancel and complain that they never wanted to pay for the service after the free promo period.

Anyway, when I had called originally to ask for the 3 months free they said that the credit for 11$ per month would appear to offset the monthly 11$ Superchannel charge.

This did not happen as promised on month 1, so I cancelled it and got a manual credit. It was a really bad channel anyway.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Three month promotion on super channel :

1st month : you are billed the 11$, the second month contain 22$ credit ( for the 2 months)
3rd month, you have your credit on the bill.

Finally, if you dont want to pay the first month, just don't pay for it, it will be credited the next month anyway.

·
Registered
248 Posts
"if you dont want to pay the first month, just don't pay for it"

That is not such a good idea with Bell even if you are in the right. You may have your credit rating ruined, or after months of trying to sort it out, have a collection agency come after you. My suggestion is to always pay what is on your Bell bill.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Three month promotion on super channel :

1st month : you are billed the 11$, the second month contain 22$ credit ( for the 2 months)
3rd month, you have your credit on the bill.

Finally, if you dont want to pay the first month, just don't pay for it, it will be credited the next month anyway.
It just makes no sense that Bell still makes you wait 2 months for a credit.

Currently DishNet has a promotion for 3 months free of Starz movie channels. Once you sub to it, you immediately see Starz as part of your programming online and the charge is listed as ZERO. No waiting, no calling, you get the promo instantly. After 3 months, the channel is charged at it's regular rate.

Why can't Bell get this right? Other providers have obviously figured out how to do it.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I tried this. They billed me for a full month after I suspending the account for 3 months. It was credited the next month but it was applied after the due date and a late payment charge was applied. I still haven't received a credit for the late "payment" charge on money I never owed in the first place.

No waiting, no calling, you get the promo instantly.
Bell's billing department is totally fubar and has been for years. Bills are calculated weeks ahead of time for an advance billing of service that isn't fully received until the end of that billing period. Billing changes and credits take a minimum of 7 weeks to appear. Meanwhile, Bell wants to be paid in full and applies late payment charges for services that haven't been fully delivered. Bell also requires payment in advance and applies late payment charges for services that are never delivered and then takes 60-90 days to mail refunds, without interest. I wish I could get away with that.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Bell does have ways around the lengthy delays for credits. After a billing issue that lasted for a few months, an agent was able to apply a credit to my onebill immediately. I confirmed it had already been applied before I even got off the phone. So there are ways to do it, it just seems that they don't normally do it that way for some reason.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Costa - there is auto cancel for other Bell services (such as Mobility) they just never set it (which is baffling because I am sure it generates more angry calls this way)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts