Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have subscribed Teksavvy DSL Internet with Dry Loop already installed in last two days. And the wireless modem ADSL router i use is TP Link Wireless N.

Anyways, i also have Rogers cable meaning Cable Tv, Phone, and Extreme Internet. For the past two days, i have struggled to connect to Teksavvy, and i have configured the router properly and all is well. I have been meaning to cancel Rogers any time soon, but considering Rogers as backup just in case if the internet service of Teksavvy goes wrong. Talked to Teksavvy Internet customer service today, and very rude guy i have talked to, and they didn't seem to care at all, and also pointed out the problem could be possibly due to cable box wired in the apartment i live in, and therefore, there is no chance i might be able to connect Teksavvy at all. Basically, my first month of Teksavvy along with Dry Loop and activation fee is gone for nothing. I am stuck with Rogers, and even though i tried to cancel Rogers, but Rogers is stubborn not to cancel our account at all, and aggressively insisted we must stay with Rogers and they are willing to offer great discount despite of the fact that i haven't paid Rogers for the past few months. Rogers is desperate not to let me go, and on the other hand, Teksavvy is supposed to impress new customer, instead didn't seem to care at all. I really hope Teksavvy figures out the way to connect despite of Rogers cable box.

Does anyone who has Rogers cable box wired at apartment managed to connect Teksavvy without landline which basically is the case with Rogers cable box, and with dry loop? I am desperate for solution. My router is perfectly configured and everything, and waiting for Green (ADSL) to go.

Look like i will be stuck with Rogers for a while. I live in Brampton, and apartment which the building has contract with Rogers. I have been told no chance for able to use any ADSL Internet other than Rogers, in Rogers contracted building. Rogers, well done for invading my building along the whole town of Brampton.

I repeat this is not RANT thread. This thread is specifically created for those who are familiar with my situation, and share their experiences here, and if possible, i welcome any expertise here. Please, any comment related to my situation is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Is your Roger phone IP?
That would mean that your home phone line are disconnect from Bell main line. I had that problem and needed a tech to reconnect wires in the main swith box (I was not allowed to play in the switch box of the appartment building I am in).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. Rogers is our phone IP. That means i would need re wire of the cable box and it's not allowed in my building. Well, Teksavvy will lose one more customer.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
There should be two lines available in the apartment. Have the second connected to the dry loop. It will likely cost extra to have it done though. I was charged $105 by Bell to connect a second line.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then, the price won't be different than Rogers. But 300 GB? It's very tempting deal. I better not risk it considering i have been warned about subscring any other company in Rogers contracted building. It's impossible. Somehow, i will find a way to connect. I am working on it. There has to be way to connect it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts