Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried adding in-wall subs in certain sections of the house (e.g. dining room) where there's in-ceiling or in-wall speakers?

I'll be getting the whole house audio controller soon but I'm not sure how to implement the sub if I want to add it to a room.

I find that when listening at low levels, the in-ceilings hardly pump out any low freq.

·
Registered
241 Posts
What in speakers are you using? What "whole house audio controller" are you getting and what are you currently using to drive your speakers.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response (and questions):):

Speakers: combination of builder-installed Eton speakers (ESWA 6550) + Emotiva speakers. I also see another pair or so of HTD speakers.

Audio controller: HTD's new system

Amp: currently Emotiva UPA-7s but will try the new HTD digital amps.

Sub: not necessarily IB but possibly the HTD in wall sub.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the older HTD advanced whole house system (6 zones, 3 sub-zones)

At least in the older version, there is no provision for separate sub-woofer out in the amp/controller. You can of course still connect speaker wires directly to an unpowered sub but need extra speaker wiring and need to follow specific instructions (on amp/sub) on how to do this.

I also have the built-in HTD in-ceiling speakers and they are pretty good for low-range. Don't really need the sub for casual listening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts