Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
^^^^
I don't watch it. I watch the news in the morning. It's sometimes hard to avoid that nonsense creeping into the news.

·
Registered
420 Posts
BCE's rich CEO "retiring" at age 57

Another very typical eye-roller on CP24 Breakfast, this morning. George Lagogianes proclaimed it as "breaking news" that his almighty boss George Cope is retiring. Yeah, I somehow doubt any other non-BCE-owned news outlet would even mention this announcement, let alone play the dramatic "breaking news" sound effect. :rolleyes:
As has been joked elsewhere on this forum, yep, it's breaking news alright: the news industry is broken!

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Actually, that retirement was mentioned on several sources, including CBC, Bloomberg, Toronto Star, MobileSyrup and more. However, it would be just routine business news elsewhere, certainly not "Breaking News".

BTW, after it breaks, what do they do with all the pieces? :wink

·
Registered
1 Posts
I go to CP24 in mornings because I like having weather, traffic, and news snippets all on one screen all the time. But I HAVE to mute the annoying breakfast ****. Patricia Jaggernauth acting like a hyper idiot talking to kids in babyspeak, milestones no one cares about but one viewer, stupid dancing, dumb celebrity quizzes, kids or cake makers or crafters showing cheap nonsense the hosts try to replicate .... I feel like I'm watching Nickelodeon. It's childish, unprofessional, and obnoxious as hell.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
^^^^
I agree about PJ. When she's on, I skip by her, if watching on my PVR, or hit the mute button. However, isn't she usually on weekend afternoons? I've only seen her occasionally in the mornings.

At least Steve Anthony is long gone.

·
Registered
420 Posts
CP24 might as well rename itself as CovidPanic 24.

Now going on several weeks, every half hour, they start with a COVID-19 themed bumper. It's an intentionally "scary" montage of provocative pandemic still images, complete with its own, dedicated dramatic music bed. I mean, really... is it necessary to preface every news update with this fear-mongering crap? Cut the theatrics, and just present the news, for a change! :|

·
Registered
369 Posts
^^

Same for CBC News Network, it's covid-19, 24/7... than again, it is a news channel, they don't have the choice.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
every news station is doing the same thing, its not a "CP24" or "CBC News World" thing, its an Every News Station in Canada thing

·
Super Moderator
56,431 Posts
There was a cyclone that did a fair amount of damage. There's a volcano erupting in Japan and several "stirirng" in Iceland that may bring disaster. Even those items were difficult to find on the Internet News Sites...

41 - 60 of 62 Posts