Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
Companies like Rogers sometimes hire third parties to promote sales but such calls are often scams. I'm a bit more blunt. I ask them to prove they work for the company they claim to represent and they often hang up. Sometimes they keep trying to get personal info and I then call their bluff in very impolite terms and hang up. Never divulge personal information of any kind to a cold caller.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Companies like Rogers sometimes hire third parties to promote sales but such calls are often scams. I'm a bit more blunt. I ask them to prove they work for the company they claim to represent and they often hang up. Sometimes they keep trying to get personal info and I then call their bluff in very impolite terms and hang up. Never divulge personal information of any kind to a cold caller.
So far, the only questions I have been asked is how much data I get and how much per month it is for Bell service.

·
Registered
439 Posts
When you are paying $19/mo for phone plan $11 for wife's phone plan and a 2 year commitment at low price for cable and internet no need for offer! :)
We used to have a pay in advance plan that ended up rolling over each year as we only used it for emergencies.
We had 400$ tied up in it when we switched to a cell plan, Bell allowed us to use 20$ per month off it until it ran out.
That was a few years of 17$ a month bills. Was pretty happy with that.

Then this year when I renegotiated my internet /tv with Rogers Ignite, they gave me 12 months of Disney+ free .
Can't complain about that. :)

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Well here's the thing, if you don't tell them you don't get a better offer.
It doesn't bother me that they know what they need to get under to make me switch. :)
If they aren't aware of your current contract with Rogers, how can they possibly be in a situation to make you an offer in the first place!

The answer is, they are pulling a scam. Presumably the scam bit comes after they feign interest in Bell (how do they even know you are using Bell?)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yeah, I got called yesterday from an offshore centre offering a better deal to go with Rogers as I had everything on Bell. I just hung up as everything IS with Rogers. 2 Cell phones and Biz Internet. I don't have any cable or Sat TV

161 - 168 of 168 Posts