Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
With everyone and their mother starting a streaming service it won't be long until streaming becomes a total mess too. There will be 2 or 3 good options, the rest will have 2 or 3 worthwhile programs while streaming 30 year old shows or movies. Best combo will be a limited cable package with a couple streaming options. Less confusion at a reasonable price, and of course PVR all your cable shows so that you can fast forward thru the commercials. 馃榾

Registered
What did people expect? I KNEW this was going to happen. It was only a matter of time.

and what did we gain out of it? sports were expensive with cable, now theyre just as expensive with online streaming platforms. We could watch linear sports with our cable packages when we are away from home using the "Go Apps" or proprietary apps, we can still watch sports using our streaming logins while away from home using the Go Apps or proprietary apps, we pay about the same we were paying before, we lost a bunch of stuff we used to watch on conventional TV such as live news, journalism, footage from the local community, but we replaced it with more useless movies and tv shows which most people unhealthily binge, and we are paying the price not just with our wallets but hurting ourselfs by consuming too much useless crap tv and paying the same if not more for it. we are back to square one, just this square is owned by a different company or companies
Brilliantly said.

Registered
I think its optional, not every account will get charged that.

You won't pay for Netflix, but do you watch it? If so your part of the problem, maybe if everyone paid their fair share instead of stealing passwords then the costs wouldn't be so high. Not that their that high anyways, seems like everyone wants everything for free or at a cost that the providers would soon go broke trying to provide it. Not saying your either one, just asking.

Registered
I only subscribe to Netflix and Prime, I have Crave/HBO package on my cable but there are only about 3 shows I watch on HBO so I just activate when these shows are on, the rest of the time I am unsubscribed.

Registered
Seems like everyone and their dog has to have a streaming service now, the problem with them, other than Netflix and Prime, is that they have very shows that I actually want to watch. I only watch new content, I don't watch old tv shows or movies ( other then 1930-50 movies) and I have neither the desire or time to play the "subscribe-unsubscribe" game.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts