Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have discovery + , it will be cancelled at the end of the month.
There commercials that they run have become so frequent and annoying when watching shows.
Most of discovery + is useless food shows, and break your house useless renovation shows , where they rip apart perfect good houses for no good reason ... Good Ridance to annoying content.

Over the last year i have invested more funds in my DVD / Blueray library and now have Commercial free seasons of Baywatch , and Simon and Simon (Great dectective show from the 1980's).

With my latest purchase i have over 50 different shows (complete seasons) on DVD now, and have no plans to stop collecting disks.

Most Of my streaming is done on Tubi tv, Roku channel , Bzone and BMOVIE-TV ( Great ROKU channel from California).

I currently have Netflix to Watch the Cobra Kai Season 4 (Martin Kove , rocks in this karate kid series) .

The rest of Netflix is Ho Hum content .

If i have Netflix 3 months a year, that will do.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I did a search on Tubi TV , the Dark Shadows show is free on Tubi , so you can watch it free.
The last time i had Amazon prime video for 2 months while i was ordering packages, most of the good content was stuck
in there $4 to $ 6 dollar monthly channels.

So I used some of the free 30 day channel trials to watch a few things and canceled before my 30 days was up.

Hayu had below deck , so i watched them, could not care less about kardashian and other lame reality tv they had.

I think MGM channel had Goulies , great halloween movie i had never seen.

Shudder had a few movies i watched, this was a bad movie catalog , not into modern horror movies. I like nightmare on elm street movies and other 80's classics which no one seems to have except on TUBI TV. It seemed like the shudder catalog was missing a lot of titles, not worth the $6 per month they were asking.

Had a trial of STARZ, have seen 80% of there catalog, 80 % of what they had i could find on TUBI TV and the ROKU channel.
Why would anyone pay for this channel??
I Literally own 50 % of there catalog on DVD's.

Amazon treats people like suckers with there paid channels , offering you a few movies you might watch in monthly channel subscriptions . They never add new content to these channels, they stay the same month after month.

The "included with prime video " tv shows and movies, are rarely updated from month to month.
Even TUBI tv , gets new titles each month. While Amazon Prime Video is a cheapskate and does not want to add new movies each month. Jeff Bezos has how many Billion Dollars, and they cant spring for a few new movies each month.

It seems they should rename Amazon Prime Video, to "Amazon Lame Video" , because they are too cheap to add any new titles to there catalog each month.
If you are paying $8 a month, where is my new content ??? , maybe it's hiding in one of amazons cardboard shipping boxes ???

·
Registered
208 Posts
For the last four months i have had prepaid netflix via a netflix paid card.
My netflix is now expired, and i will not use their service again.
I got netflix to watch Cobra Kai season 4, they had their big karate turnament so that show will only be going down hill in the future.

There has been too much crap between Cobra Kai and Russian Doll .
About 90 % of the stuff on netflix , i have no interest in watching.

I just got a one year subscription to Disney + , the interface is nice and clean , there is lots of content there that i actually want to watch and the picture quality is way better then netflix.

One thing that bugs me about netflix is, they shove the save titles in your face all the time, and it is always stuff i do not want to watch.

Disney Plus has a nice clean interface that does not annoy their users with nagging content in their face.

Tubi TV also has a nice interface that does not annoy their users.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts