Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
One advantage of the AppleTV app on the Apple TV is the search function. Enter the title of the TV show or movie and it shows you which streaming platforms that you subscribe to have it, and if not where you can rent or purchase it from. Only Netflix does not support that feature.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree 100% with this, there is NO need to subscribe to every single streaming platform. Myself we only subscribe to 2, which I hate, but my wife loves them so I have to put up with it. I Seldom watch TV or movies but the Amazon Prime benefits me with online shopping and purchases, plus it comes with Amazon Music for free.
What is your problem exactly with streaming? Why do you hate it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you look at other discussions, you'll see that 17691 has a similarly dismissive attitude towards anything that doesn't fit his particular lifestyle. Games are stupid, music streaming is a waste, etc.
That is why I was asking him to clarify what his problem is exactly with streaming. Steaming seems to be ideal for him. Watch an episode one night then watch the next when he gets a chance, if it's 1 week later to 3 months later, the episode will be there waiting for him to continue. Convenient no?

·
Registered
92 Posts
My kids flew the next decades ago so I have the luxury of watching whatever I please and when I please.
I would love to know where you get your information on bingeing being a mental and physical problem.
How exactly would you define bingeing?
I don't turn my tv on until after dinner, so the very most I would spend watching would be 4 hours at a time.
I usually watch about 2 hours of TV a night. I have young children too. Sometimes I watch 2 episodes of a tv show in a row. Is that bingeing?

He might be mixed up with binge drinking. Now that would cause problems.

·
Registered
92 Posts
What we have now is too many channels and not enough selection. I see many channels that air the same shows which are mostly stale reruns and cancon. It's a real slog to find new shows of interest, even with electronic guides and internet databases. It's yet another example of consumerism and capitalism gone over the top compounded by an era of marketplace disruptions and supply shortages.
This is why, in my opinion, streaming is superior.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's really good for you that you think commercials and advertisements are not important to local businesses. Some of my own relatives rely on commercials to sell their product/service while others are struggling to produce canadian content so they can feed their families, but yeah, who cares about supporting Canadian productions and struggling businesses airing commericials, Some streaming platforms also have commercials too btw.

we know for a fact Streaming has gone up in price and will continue to climb in price, this is a fact

your idea is great lets give you a metal.
Do you enjoy and have time to watch commercials? Do you want to?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Without arguing with some individuals, the cost to Canadians when Netflix was introduced was $9.99. and there was only one package. Most people only viewed it on one connection but multiple connections were allowed but there was no mechanism in place to control it. Now the cost of a Netflix ultra package is $20.99. I guess to some people people it looks like netflix has gone up in price, but others when they see the price difference over the years, even when you put the price number right in their face, they will tell you "your smoking crack, it has not gone up" or they will talk about something completely unrelated to put you down.. either way, netflix is streaming, netflix went up in price, streaming went up in ptrice, which means streaming is not getting cheaper anytime soon.
You think cable or satellite is getting cheaper?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Plex is trying a new streaming service search system.

I keep forgetting about this but the AppleTv+ app on the AppleTv searches across all streaming apps as well.

It works really well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
So does the Chromecast with Google TV, at least according to Google. The reality is that it doesn't work with all services, in particular Canadian services, and often steers you toward a purchase option when the program is free elsewhere. I've seen Prime Video and Rogers VOD do the same. It really makes streaming more expensive when services make you pay for something that you have already purchased.
Appletv+ works with all my streaming services and they are all Canadian. The only one that isn't supported is Netflix.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts