Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone else using the new Mediaroom setup is the screen randomly changing to the Info screen while watching TV without pressing anything on the remote?

I doubt this is normal behavior, but I am putting this thread up to see if I'm the only one having the issue. We might need to wait until it rolls out a little more wide spread to see if it's common.

This has happened while the remote was just sitting on my chair too. Very random. Is there a bug fix list for later versions of Mediaroom floating around?

·
Super Moderator
17,220 Posts
This is a Mediaroom bug that first appeared in version 1.6.25314, which is what Aliant uses and also occurs on Bell and MTS. Here is a link to the MTS thread on the topic.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1166836

I believe this this still occurs on version 2.0.26496 that MTS uses, but I've gotten so used to it I can't say for sure.

There isn't an official bug fix list that I've seen.

·
Super Moderator
17,220 Posts
Not a problem. It's good to have it documented in the Aliant forum and for everyone to know that it is a Mediaroom bug and not specific to Aliant.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For sure, at least it's a very tiny bug. Just a minor inconvenience. Was a little freaky the first time I saw it. More so when neither my wife or I was holding the remote. :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Info Screen popup

Meanie ... were you watching Live TV or PVR? If it was PVR, was it HD or SD?

Are you using 1.6.25314.102? (go to system information screen)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aliant's on 1.6.25314.102 and last I remember it was a recorded HD show. I think it's happened on live TV, but I'll start jotting down notes to be sure.

·
Super Moderator
17,220 Posts
I've had the problem on recorded and live TV with MTS. I kept stats and had the INFO screen pop up about once every 10 hours of viewing time on average.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts