Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I would like to know what digital music channels do or did you like better?
I liked the galaxie/max trax channels because they had more variety in channels
Example, the easy listening channel had vocals.
And max trax had holiday channels that galaxie did’nt have.
I am noticing that when stingray took over the channels and rebranded, they started programing mostly to hipsters.
And taking vocal music of the classical, jazz and easy listening channels.
And added more hipster music to there kids and holiday channels.
So, I want your feedback. Do you like the old or new digital music channels better?
And what chanells do you want stingray to add? And do you want less indy hipster songs?
And what former channel did you like that you want back?
Please reply. Happy holidays

·
Registered
369 Posts
Stingray is not bad, some channel are good (but not perfect). If you install the Stingray app on your phone or tablet you get 1000s of channels with your cable/sat subscription.

There's a few channels I would like to see on TV (cable channels), like 90s, 2000s, Trance, Hands Up, EDM, Soundtrack (movie music), Pre-teen/Teen (similar to Juicebox or Radio Disney), Pop/dance from foreign country (in other language other than french and english)...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vibes channels are a lot better
Some of the same songs that played on galaxie and more ethnic channels.
I would like them to add, a vocal baroque channel, a classic hims channel, a telugu language channel and a vocal new-age channel

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Some of the Stingray channels not having vocals is a good thing. The Spa has no vocals whatsoever (not even the guy saying "Stingray"), and that makes it a great channel to fall asleep to. Suddenly having vocals in it really ruins that.

As mentioned, the app has a huge variety of channels, way beyond what was available before. It's also generally free if you already have Stingray in a TV package, so I'd check that out to see if it's got something suitable for you.

But I find it pretty laughable to say they're aiming for "hipsters", most of the content in the TV visible channels is pretty mainstream.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have rogers and some of the new channels are good.
And the vibes channels are better then there tv channels

1 - 5 of 5 Posts