Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,769 Posts
Since the C3 is a brand new phone released in 2010, it's highly unlikely that A2DP was not enabled in even the first version of firmware.
It may be possible that rogers has it disabled, but I see no advantage to them in doing that.
(Unless they want to sell you some expensive headphones? But doesn't it have a standard 3.5mm jack?)

You're using the headphones for music, right?
It won't be stereo for calls, as it's in headset profile (one link is in[mic] one link is out [speaker], whereas in stereo, both links are out to you, so you get L&R sound)

I have a set of s305's myself, and they've worked flawlessly with 4 completely different phones I've tried them on.

Perhaps you could try contacting Nokia and asking if there's a known bug in the 3.35 firmware that affects A2DP?

The reason rogers' firmware is out of date is because they want to throw their branding on there, and lock down services you may otherwise get for free ($_$)

This takes time for them to modify the firmware.
If you don't care for rogers' support/warranty, you may be able to flash the generic firmware, or take it to a shop that can do it for you.
But again, no guarantees this would fix the problem..

· Registered
2,769 Posts
No, EDR is high speed bluetooth that allows A2DP to be used
Kind of like Wireless B vs Wireless G (or G vs N)
both use the same frequency and such, but one is able to do more in that same space because of newer tech developments.

· Registered
2,769 Posts
If rogers is disabling it, yes, the 'vanilla' firmware should reenable it.

But this goes back to the question - why would rogers disable it?
What is their benefit?

Sure, they could do it for the hell of it, but usually when carriers disable things, it has to do with $$. I don't see how they'd profit out of disallowing A2DP..

· Registered
2,769 Posts
It seems very strange that they wouldn't support that, given a lot of phones cheaper than the C3 do..
And it supports pretty much every other profile.

I suppose you could use try and use that info from nokia support to get a different phone from rogers, since their specs were wrong.
That is, if having AD2P is a big feature for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.