Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is this reflector rod correctly assembled? I assembled it on the back side of the vertical post, but I have seen pics where it is on the front side - closer to the driven element/balun, about an inch and half closer. Out of the box, it seemed like having the reflector rods on the back side allowed the horizontal post to attach easily. Or maybe it doesn't matter if the reflector is on the back or front of the vertical post; the inch and half difference won't make a difference in gain/performance...

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
MikeBear made a detailed drawing in this thread... maybe dig up the original context discussing his drawing, cause I think that may have come up back then. Look a few pages back...
As he was conversing with holl_ands to help him come up with a decent nec2 model of it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The drawing provided by mikebear shows another configuration - 2 reflectors are on one side of the vertical post, and one is on the other side of the vertical post.

·
Registered
55 Posts
1.Why this discrepancy between the 2 models?
2. And is that how they should be?
3. I was going to ask about performance difference, but will test it myself (when weather permits)

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
between which two models you seeing a discrepancy?
The picture of 30-2475 lines up with the diagram from Mikebear, to me...

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Ahh, well they are different antennas...
I have both antennas here in the shed...
Switched em out in favor of Y10-7-13 and a traditional balun a while ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts