Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Bell will use any different hardware than the Motorola VIP 1200 series of STB's? It looks like there's quite a bit other STB's from Motorola that might be IPTV capable and use some newer technology.

Just wondering. I still seem to have brief audio dropouts with my VIP1216 which seems to be a common issue for those that use U-Verse down south of the Canadian border.

Can anyone confirm if the VIP1232 is any better and doesn't have the brief audio dropouts that mine seems to have? I'd hate to buy a new box just to find out that it has similar issues that I can't get rid of.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I haven't noticed any audio dropouts on the VIP1232 but now that you have mentioned it I'll be more attentive to see if it does. I guess the question would be : Is it the box or the network?
Note: Bell seems to use the VIP1200 and VIP1232 for IPTV.

·
Super Moderator
17,202 Posts
AFAIK, the VIP1216 and VIP1232 are the same except for the size of the hard drive:

VIP1216= 160 GB
VIP1232= 320 GB

Perhaps the audio dropouts are related to HDMI issues with certain TVs or A/V receivers. I use a VIP1216 on MTS TV with component video and don't have any audio dropouts.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess my troubleshooting quests continue. It very well may be the fact that I do have a receiver in use, but still, it's about the only way to get surround sound. I'll try some different HDMI cables and see what I can do.

I tried using an optical cable too for the audio as suggested by someone, but that didn't help either. Oh well - nothing is 100% perfect and I'm fine with that. I'm still more than happy with the service I get as a whole compared to what I would get and need to pay with Rogers. Many things just seem to be easier with the PVR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts