Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first episode was pretty decent. The productions values were high and there were a lot of known actors in the cast. Although, i found Ralph Fiennes horribly miscast as Merlin.

·
Registered
488 Posts
it is not going to air in Canada until the fall and will probably be butchered by the CBC just like the tudors was

·
Registered
405 Posts
it is not going to air in Canada until the fall and will probably be butchered by the CBC just like the tudors was
Could you expand on that a bit? I haven't watched much of the Tudors so are you saying the version on cbc was censored or edited for commercial break reasons or something else?

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I watched the first 4 episodes and it is quite good so far, but I got to watch the premiere of "Game Of Thrones" last night and it hooked me better than Camelot.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I watched Pillars of the Earth on CBC which apparently aired on a pay channel previously and didn't think any of it appeared to be censored judging by some of the 'raw' scenes. So, I doubt that Camelot will be 'censored'...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I watched the first 4 episodes and it is quite good so far, but I got to watch the premiere of "Game Of Thrones" last night and it hooked me better than Camelot.
Same here. I find Camelot underwhelming. It's a shame they killed their main villain so soon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Tudors on CBC was chopped to fit the one-hour with commercial timeframe.

I believe Pillars was the same and it probably means Camelot will be too.
The word is that when The Borgias makes its debut on CTV (and finally in HD) it will be edited to fit the timeslot too.

Aside…Where are people watching Camelot now? On the internet?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts