Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
281 - 287 of 287 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,289 Posts
So you are saying Telesat successfully petitions the government to stop Canadian subscriptions to Starlink. Telesat then buys up bandwidth from Starlink with Canada's blessing and become the middleman selling Starlink bandwidth at whatever price they want. Making a tidy profit. Did I get that right?

I remember trying to buy a tool online and one of the many US based companies selling the product said their supply arrangement with the manufacturer restricted them from selling directly to Canadians. Instead they directed me to the single Canadian reseller with a half-arsed effort website. Which of course was asking ridiculous prices and ridiculous shipping charges.

·
Registered
10,164 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Starlink refused to let other ISPs sell their service in order to prevent such practices. Right now, it appears that Starlink wants to control where their service is sold and used in order to optimize and evaluate service during beta. Optimizing service will be an ongoing issue for Starlink since there is a limit to how many customers can be supported in each geographical area, especially with the limited number of satellites currently deployed.

281 - 287 of 287 Posts