Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just got off the phone with SC and to solve the problem about the mixed up HD channels, just do a front power button reset, everything is find on my 2 HD receivers now.

·
Banned
3,190 Posts
I had all the same problems as well and figured it might need to reload the channel map, so I went to Standby until the clock time reappeared and then power cycled.

For 530's, this is the safest/preferred method of causing a reset.
At least place into standby until clock comes back and then you can front panel reset.

The reason for the extra routine is to force any outstanding memory writes to flash and clear the buffers.

I still have low ebno (1.3) on WGN HD and get RED on Z, the first 8PSK signal from a few weeks ago.

When I check 270/271, just black with Green lock, but in Options 6-4 it shows the channel # in the windows tab as 000, WTF???

Also show channel 000 in diags as well, so I think the Motorola code is screwed as ANY IPG menu's show correctly while the Moto Options 6-4 are messed up.

I was really worried about needing a dish tweak after changing the stacked LNB and I may still, but in my expert opinion, the channel map is messed up.
It certainly isn't the first time.
I sure hope they don't have to emergency spin the code to fix a fatal Moto flaw in the code or roll back the migration schedule.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Not until the final migration dates of Sept 18-20.
I had to reset two of my three 505's. Thanks to riche1 for saving us time on the phone. All is well here.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm not getting any of the 8PSK channels as well.

Noticed the same things that ARR pointed out.

This is going to cause huge issues if they don't figure this out quickly.

Don't bother calling StarChoice for the next few days either. The hold time is 60+ minutes.
Hmm, all of my 505s are getting all of the channels that the 500 is no longer capable of receiving. The 500 gets thrown out today if I don't have wait on the phone for too long for activation of the replacement 505.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Im still getting the channels here (SRC and WGN are the only ones I am subscribed to), but the Ebno values are still much lower (+4.9) than I get on other channels.

I should have mentioned that I did initially do a reset when I saw that they weren't coming in.

This is on a 505 (that I just replaced my 500 with), quad LNB (75).

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm missing WGN, and SportsNet for some unknown reason as I didn't think it was to be migrated today.

This reset, is that just power down, wait for clock, and then turn back on with the front panel power button?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Hold the power button for about 30 sec and release. The light bands should flash, stop, flash again and then the unit should refresh. The guide will take a few minutes to reload

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can't get WGN either. Earlier it was all pixelated, couldn't even be sure it was WGN. Tonight I tuned it in and it caused the 530 to do a reboot. After reboot WGN is just a blank screen.

Ch 267 comes in fine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
There seemed to have been an issue with signal on some of the migrated channels, and some corruption in the maps. Might need to factory and reload your maps

·
Banned
3,190 Posts
Checking with some of my contacts, they expect to resolve the 1 transponder with low signals shortly.

For the doubled/mixed up channels, you are correct, a restart will load the channel map again.

Check my posts for best practices to perform a safe restart.

Basically place into standby until the clock time returns and then you can safely front panel reset or power cycle.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts