Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a strange experience converting a 30x33 starchoice circular dish to Bell/Dish. After peaking the dish on 119 with my Birdog meter, I was able to pick up 110 & 91. I tested it with my maxpeak and had the same results. When I plugged it into an IRD it only read the 119 signal. Does anyone have an idea why both meters would read all three signals & be locked to all three with only 1 LNB connected to the dish.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
30x33 dish conversion

In regards to my last post, the conversion isn't for the purpose of piracy, as the client is an american working up here with a legal? subscription. It is strictly a technical inquiry in regards to a meters' functionality.:D

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't have either meter, but I imagine that they must function by identifying a transponder on each of the preloaded satellites for identification and peaking purposes. All the circular sats (61.5, 82, 91, 110, 119, 121) and especially the "main 4" (82, 91, 110, 119) have a bunch of TP frequencies and symbol rates in common. It wouldn't be until you get down to searching the PID's that you would be able to identify one from another based on a single transponder.

You cannot pick up 110 at the same time as 119 with a single LNB -- this has to be an inefficiency of the meters.

·
Registered
764 Posts
In regards to my last post, the conversion isn't for the purpose of piracy, as the client is an american working up here with a legal? subscription. It is strictly a technical inquiry in regards to a meters' functionality
whatever subscription or not it's illegal to decript on canadian soil period

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've seen many , many travelers with their RV's and little tri pod dish stands as they move from campsite to campsite. Is that illegal decryption even though they pay for it and simply travel through? I wouldn't have thought that was illegal, but I have never given it much thought at all....

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've seen many , many travelers with their RV's and little tri pod dish stands as they move from campsite to campsite. Is that illegal decryption even though they pay for it and simply travel through? I wouldn't have thought that was illegal, but I have never given it much thought at all....
well according to the law it is
(i know it sounds stupid but yes)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts