Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched the 1 hour premiere of season 2 on the new Disney Channel a few days ago but can not find when or where the rest of the episodes be shown.

Last year, season 1 was on Disney XD and Family Channel Canada but since Disney is now a separate channel owned Corus I am not sure.

I checked the web site of the Disney channel where they have a few videos of this show but no schedule for the rest of the episodes broadcast dates.

Does anyone have more information?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can not find any dates in October when Season 2 will start on the Canadian Disney Channel.

The press release from Corus on the Disney Channel programs in October makes no mention of Star War Rebels Season 2.
Link

However, I checked the schedule of the US based Disney XD and it has the premiere of Season 2 on the 14th of October at 9:30pm with the episode called "The Lost Commanders" as mentioned in previous posts above.
Zap2it

I guess we have to wait longer in Canada for this series to begin.

·
Registered
487 Posts
the seasons pass that I had setup for the show had it scheduled to record next weekend but it has now disappeared

·
Registered
114 Posts
I DVR'd the Season 2 premiere off the U.S. Disney XD channel for this exact reason, because of the whole debacle with DHX losing the airing rights to the series in Canada.

I did a search for "Star Wars Rebels" a few hours ago on my Bell 9400 satellite receiver, and the only episode that came up was an old one from Season 1 on Saturday night (October 17), airing on the Disney Canada HD channel.

I'm guessing that Season 2 will be delayed airing in Canada at this rate. Remember that Season 1 episodes were delayed by about a week from their respective U.S. airing dates. Now it seems like Season 2 will be delayed even longer. Corus could always air it as part of their "Disney XD block on Disney channel" thingy, or maybe they're waiting until December 1st when they re-launch Disney XD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Disney XD was bought by chorus ( shaw ) all links to Disney XD canada go to this canadian web site they did not by the rights please click on contact
when you get to the web page and protest this ridiculous decision by this company they came back with a response to my emails that we got lego start wars for you ?? I have not capitalized canada because they don't care a all!

All we can do is write them a protest email, they have no vision or understanding all Disney XD links go here! Silly company No Brain Power in management!!

David ( A not impressed Canadian ) by it on I tunes like I did !!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Edit: Just did another search for it today on the 9400 and all of a sudden, it now shows up. It shows Disney Channel Canada is airing the Season 2 premiere this Saturday October 17 at 9:00 pm ET, but the Disney Canada website still doesn't show it on their schedule, so who knows what's going on.

Of course, the Bell episode number in the description continues to be wrong, and it doesn't even label it as the premiere either.

If they do air it, would be interesting to see if they also air the preview of S2, E2 during the ending credits, which they probably won't, knowing how Corus works.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello everyone! The new Season of Star Wars Rebels will air on Disney Channel this Sunday at 9 EST/6 PST! It will be after Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I checked both Saturday and Sunday and could not locate season 2 of Star Wars Rebels.
Saturday 17 October at 10:00pm is a repeat episode of season 1.
Sunday 18 October there is no mention of this show anywhere in my channel guide.
I guess the reply mike10 got about season 2 coming soon must be right.
I will check again tomorrow in case the channel guide gets a last minute update.

·
Registered
487 Posts
my PVR actually was showing a new episode that was scheduled to record when I looked last night but it is now gone and a season 1 episode is showing up in the guide

·
Registered
1 Posts
It looks like we will not be seeing Season 2 of Star Wars Rebels in Canada until January 2016 from the looks of it unless Disney Channel shows Season 2 of Star Wars Rebels in a marathon to catch up. Who besides me wants to would like to contact Disney Channel and ask them what is going on with them showing Star Wars Rebels up here in Canada?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have emailed Disney Channel and have yet to receive a response. It is like they want to facilitate illegal streaming by not making it available in Canada either on available channels or through the iTunes store!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, Disney replied to an email I sent, and I have some good news.

"Thanks for writing to us!

The new season of Star Wars Rebels is coming to Canada! Season 2 is scheduled to premiere on Disney Channel on Saturday, November 7 at 9pm E/P. In the meantime, catch up on the first season of Star Wars Rebels Saturdays at 10pm E/P and Sunday mornings at 9:30am E/P on Disney Channel.

Always check our website for the most up-to-date times: What's on Today? | Disney Channel .

Thanks for watching,

Your Friends at Disney Channel"

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank for this info MrNobody.
I checked my on line TV guide and it has not been updated to reflect this change.
On Saturday, 7 November at 9:00pm the show Austin and Ally comes up.
I will check again as we get closer to this date in case there is a change.

·
Super Moderator
16,401 Posts
Zap2it.com is showing a new episode of Star Wars Rebels on Disney Canada West (DISCW) on Saturday, November 7 at 9pm Pacific, although there is no episode title.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can confirm that my on line TV guide has been updated.
Saturday, 7 November at 9:00 pm episode 1 of the second season of Star Wars Rebels shows up and I have set my PVR to record it and all future episodes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts