Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Does anybody know the price at Bestbuy on release date? I received the brochure from Futureshop ($79.99) but I didn't receive the brochure from Best Buy.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
I object strongly when another party alters a movie they didn't produce/direct/write personally (i.e. Dune). But I see nothing wrong if someone like Lucas/Spielberg decides to change one of their own films. It's their creation and therefore their right to do so. Filmmakers are allowed to change their minds about what's good/bad/right in their pictures over time.

In any case there are still two unresolved scenes I'd like to see George Lucas "clean up" (explain):

1. In Ep. IV why doesn't Obi-Wan show any recognition of the two droids when he rescues them along with Luke from the sand people? He practically lived with them in the prequels. Yet he shows no signs of ever having known them.
2. In Ep VI, the final defeat of Emperor Palpatine is just a little too easy. Just pick him up and throw him down a power conduit? With his powers he should have been able to levitate himself to safety. We've seen his powers at their mightiest in Ep. III and they were awesome. His end has always been a weak point of the saga to me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Buying the two trilogies separately will not get you the 3 bonus discs with deleted scenes, documentaries, and galleries (scanned models etc.)

If you don't care about those extra discs, I think the the 3-disc sets have much nicer outside artwork than the 9-disc set!

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Future Shop

The flyers for next week at FS are now out here in PEI. Here's the scoop for those who haven't heard:

1. Complete Saga (6 movies, extras) $79.99
2. Original Trilogy (EP IV-VI) $44.99
3. Prequel Trilogy (EP I - III) $44.99

IOW, buying the two trilogies separately will cost you MORE than buying the complete set and you'll still end up with less product for your money.

Also if you trade in two games you can get the Complete Saga for free.

Note that the price on the Complete Saga is for Sept. 16 - 18 only. It jumps to $89.99 on Sept. 19.

·
Registered
451 Posts
IOW, buying the two trilogies separately will cost you MORE than buying the complete set and you'll still end up with less product for your money.
I was wondering about this. If you buy them separately do you end up completely missing one or more of the extras discs?

*edit* Oh wait, looks like someone above already answered that.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I picked my set up at Best Buy today, and they were also "throwing in" a T-shirt along with the set as well.(FS was offering some sort of "lithograph" rather than a T-shirt) The price for the set was the same as FS, and ironically, Wal-Mart prices were actually higher than both FS and BB. Also, Wal-Mart was not offering anything extra.

I guess we will have to live with the "changes" for now (no original editions on Blu-Ray, and I am not sure if the originals will ever be released in that format anyway), but the changes are not as much of a "biggie" for me as for some Star wars purists.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.