Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Well I did like the original changes as I felt it made 4,5,6 more in sync with 1,2,3. This latest change however is nothing short of sheer stupidity, although that won't stop me from buying the BD's and im sure im not alone.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Just cancelled my order because of the (more) changes
Unfortunately, that's not gonna make much of a message to Lucas. It's still gonna be the no.1 seller for the next couple weeks after the release. I'm keeping my order, and I'm gonna have to swallow a very tough pill, but hopefully....SOMEDAY, he will learn his lesson and just give us pure Star Wars.

HAN SHOT FIRST! ;)

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
I'm cancelling my order not because of me taking a stance. I just don't want to see further changes in my favourite movies. For the time being, I still have my faces THX LD and the Japanese release of episode I. I'm hoping one day they'll release the truly original trilogy even if it is on standard definition but with AVC compresion with the original 2-ch PCM.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Actually the cancellations will be noticed as Fox have no doubt made aggressive internal projections on sales that this is probably no longer going to hit even if it will top the charts. I cancelled my order yesterday , and two of my blu-ray pals were on the fence about buying it again as they were already fed up with the previous tinkering. These aren't even hard-core Star Wars fanboys, just a/v geeks. Those sales are 100% gone now , too.

Saying he won't notice is taking the easy way out if you really care about this issue.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Instead of these dumb changes, why doesn't George redo the sound for Star Wars IV--it sounds tinny and lifeless compared to the other 5 (including Empire). I am guessing the sound isn't as good for the first movie because of lack of funds, while for the rest of the movies money was no object.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I received the set today from Indigo/Chapters. They broke the street date! I'm planning to return it though, not because I don't want it, but because Amazon.ca has it for $79.99. I paid Indigo $99. 20 bucks in my pocket is $20 bucks less in Lucas's.

As a fan of Star Wars and blu ray, I don't feel I have a choice but to own them. The original theatrical editions will never be on blu ray. It's over.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
reidw is correct. The only party that does NOT make any less money is Lucas because he is making money from rights (ie. he gets $xx per unit shipped out regardless of price, both from studio and from copyright office) and not percentage of per-unit sale.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well, it's still $20 more in my pocket.

I think the set will be worthwhile. The collection of deleted scenes appears to be the most comprehensive yet. And the films aren't substantially different that one should love the original and hate the special edition.

I believe that, one day, Lucas will release the "original cuts" of all the films. Perhaps he'll do it to fund the Star Wars live-action tv show that's on hold because of the expense involved.

Until then, Star Wars on blu ray is what it is. I'm excited.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I've only had a change to look at a couple of scenes from the first 3 movies. Despite all the talk they do look very good.

Paul

61 - 80 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.