Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
In the early 80s as a kid I worshipped George Lucas. He was my hero. I wanted to BE him when I grew up (movie director, etc.).

Now.. I don't

The "special edition" of Ep IV A New Hope is such an abomination, where do I start.

- the Greedo shoots first scene is just wrong. Even if you ignore the politically correct issue, how does a seasoned bounty hunter completely miss sitting just a few feet from Han? The modified scene as it plays out just looks stupid.

- the re-added Jabba scene doesn't work. Sure it was filmed originally. But where it was inserted wrecks the natural flow of the movie. In the original version when Luke & Ben first enter Docking Bay 94, that is THE reveal of the Millenium Falcon (for them and us). "What a piece of junk...". With the Jabba scene, you already get a look at the Falcon, but with no fanfare.

- Also in the Jabba scene was the overly contrived addition of Boba Fett in the scene. If you've seen the original footage of the deleted scene with the stand in actor for Jabba, you know BF wasn't there. It was obvious it was a "oh oh... you know what else we could do? Let's add Boba Fett into this scene!! Wouldn't that be cool?!?!" :rolleyes:

- the unneccessary background CGI crap added at Mos Eisley.

I could go on and on... sigh.

·
Registered
451 Posts
IOW, buying the two trilogies separately will cost you MORE than buying the complete set and you'll still end up with less product for your money.
I was wondering about this. If you buy them separately do you end up completely missing one or more of the extras discs?

*edit* Oh wait, looks like someone above already answered that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.