Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
I like the special edition even some of the added scenes, but changing the Ewok song at the end of ROTJ and flipped surround track on the orchestral track is just plain wrong (well, the Ewok song is subjective, but the flipped orchestral track is wrong from a musicology stand point).

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
I'm still contemplating whether I'm going to buy this boxset.

I used to own the Beta Hi-Fi version, LD version, Letterbox LD version, Letterbox remastered LD version, Letterbox THX LD version, DVD version,... it feels like I'm entitled to get the BD version just by exchaning all my starwars collections in multiple versions to Fox.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
I like the THX "faces" edition the best. This is post-cleaning but pre-tweaking edition.

The DVD, albeit in 5.1, the orchestral soundtrack, due to the lossy compression, sound like crud (not to mention everything have been "tweaked" such Greedo shoots first, changing the ending scene of Return of the Jedi, etc).

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Haha! I forgot I used to have that show on tape. It was so bad even I taped over it with The Muppet Show.

Ahhhh to be young again... playing with my AT-AT, Millennium Falcon, X-wing Fighter, SLAVE-1, Taun-taun and literally all original (first release) Star Wars trilogy action figures. I even used to have the Death Star toy set.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
@Becks. Due to my travels (born in Indonesian raised in Aussie, moved back to Indonesia, then to Canada, then Indonesia then back to Canada, I sold all my starwars stuff. All I have now is the never-opened, sealed StarWars monopoly, 12" figurine of C-3PO and my THX LBX faces LDs

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
It is LaserDisc. The VHS letterbox facesTHX edition is identical to the LaserDisc version. The only difference is the picture and sound quality that's better on LaserDisc.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
@ reidW, I custom ordered the pillow (leather with silk-screened logo and my name on it) from HomeTheatreX down in Australia when I went there to do some HT designs for their customers.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
I'm cancelling my order not because of me taking a stance. I just don't want to see further changes in my favourite movies. For the time being, I still have my faces THX LD and the Japanese release of episode I. I'm hoping one day they'll release the truly original trilogy even if it is on standard definition but with AVC compresion with the original 2-ch PCM.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
reidw is correct. The only party that does NOT make any less money is Lucas because he is making money from rights (ie. he gets $xx per unit shipped out regardless of price, both from studio and from copyright office) and not percentage of per-unit sale.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Does anybody know the price at Bestbuy on release date? I received the brochure from Futureshop ($79.99) but I didn't receive the brochure from Best Buy.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Went to Aurora, Newmarket and Richmond Hill BB to grab SW Saga for my friend. None left. None left at Wally World either. Foolishly didn't think about Costco. They have SW Saga aplenty!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.