Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I wonder if George will improve the sound of the first movie. The remaining 5 movies have great sound, but the first one (even the 1997 SE) version sounds tinny and not as full sounding as the newer movies. The picture quality was excellent even on DVD, but the sound was lacking--I guess the reason for poor sound was the tight budget that the first one was made under.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
So did I. I watched the first 3 movies so much I new exactly where scenes were added--I liked those added scenes. I don't understand why some fans want the originals--I do see why they may not like it when Han shoots first, but what does it really matter? Either way he knew was facing a hit man and only one of them was going to walk out of the bar. George was trying to be politically correct--he could have left it the way it was and no one would have even noticed.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I saw Star Wars in 1977 in the theaters when it first came out. I liked watching the SE's when they first came out in the theaters because they redid the special effects on some scenes and added totally new scenes--it was like experiencing the movies for the first time again.

I do agree: Return of the Jedi was not a very good movie when compared to the first two. By itself it is OK--but it was one of the weakest of all 6 movies. Empire and Return of the Sith were the two best movies because they were just so evil.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
It's too bad we've pretty much lost any opportunity to see the original movies in HD. They were already beautifully shot and didn't need to be "modified", which is why I'll pass on this and any future edition of the original Star Wars trilogy.
I too would like to see the original movies in HD, with one difference: George redid some scenes by improving the special effects without any editing or adding footage. Those should stay in because they improve the original image, but don't change the movies.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I liked the new versions of the first 3 movies as well because it was neat to see where they added scenes--but I wouldn't mind seeing the originals in HD as well. George could put both versions on the blu-ray and that would make both camps happy.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Instead of these dumb changes, why doesn't George redo the sound for Star Wars IV--it sounds tinny and lifeless compared to the other 5 (including Empire). I am guessing the sound isn't as good for the first movie because of lack of funds, while for the rest of the movies money was no object.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.