Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
great:mad:

I won't be buying it next year if we don't have the option to get standard blu-rays. I don't want this 3D nonsense

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The disk next year will be standard Blu Rays and not 3D, but it will be Lucas' modified version of the films instead of the original 1977, 1980, 1983 films

The Phantom Menace will be be the first one in 2012 (2 years, not 1 year) so it will be 2016 before Empire would be in 3D.

I might go see it in the theatre just to see what it's about but I don't think i'll be buying it on disk.

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Dip and Dip Again

All Emperor Lukatine has to do is keep churning out these different versions and he'll just keep riding the big $$$ gravy train for years on end as consumers dip and dip again for the latest. No doubt a Smell-O-Vision version would come out too if that came to market.

·
Banned
175 Posts
I'm talking about the 6-movie box set blu-ray George Lucas announced will be released next year.

If you're right though, glad that it'll be standard blu and not 3D, ugh
Yes the BD's next year are confirmed as 2d only. The 3d refers to a new theatrical release of one episode per year starting in 2012.
I will enjoy taking my son to these 3d releases, fun for what they are.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Don't like them don't go see them period. Very simple solution to the constant complainers of movies. I grew up a child in the beginning of the Star Wars phenom and was 11 years old when I went to see Star Wars back in 1977. It's a part of my life I will not forget, anyway I love everything Star Wars and I will be going to see these and taking my son with me. Remember there is a whole new generation that never got to experience the originals on the big screen be it the true originals and/or the extended ones . It will be a treat for this generation to see them as they should be seen and that is on the big screen no matter if there in 3D or not. Don't like George Lucas bringing these out trying to bring these to the new generation then simply do not go see them, I respect your right to not want these but there are a lot that do. I'm a true Star Wars fan who likes everything Star Wars, it changed a lot of peoples lives and a lot of memories back in '77,'80 & '83 . it was a special time to be a kid/teen back then and I'm glad my kids get to continue to experience these.

·
Registered
738 Posts
My son turns six in 2012, and I'll save this for his first Star Wars experience. It'll be fun to take him to see the films on the big screen, 3D or no.

He already knows the characters (my influence), but I'm holding off on showing him the movies for now.

·
Banned
175 Posts
jimbo,

Well said! I was also 11 when I first saw it. Great memories and I look forward to sharing those with my son. Although he will be 27 by then...jk, have young kids as well.;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts