Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
Not sure that's legal

I've never heard of a place named Orlando in Canada, so I presume you mean Orlando Florida.

I don't think the satellite coverage would reach you in Florida... (Its not the same as the Satellite Radio coverage...) but I don't know if the US is as protectionist as Canada... but I don't think its legal to subscribe to Star Choice in the US even if you could receive the signal...

·
Registered
54 Posts
The signal is fine here in Florida. It is not illegal for a US Citizen to pay for and receive the programming...though Star Choice cannot knowingly sell it to such a person. The moral issues involved in providing a different address -- well, each person needs to make their own mind up on that.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can have Star Choice in the U.S., you just need to have an account and a dish setup at your home in Canada and the Orlando location would be the Home Away from Home.

·
Super Moderator
56,403 Posts
Stick to the topic please. The OP would like an installer. The legality of *C and BTV in the US has been discussed in other threads.

I would assume that any qualified dish installer would be able to do this if you have the equipment (and the authorization)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts