Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rogers is listing spring training games today, both in SD and HD, yet Cogeco has no games listed. Why?:confused:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I cannot believe that a Cogeco customer is asking why there are no Spring Training games on SSP today. It is clear that Cogeco is offering a sub-par service at $30 / month. The lack of use of 23 HD SSP channels should tell the whole story. I note on Cogeco's website that there are 3 Spring Training games scheduled for Monday with 2 in HD. Now we will see if the guide or the schedule on the website is correct. Cogeco reminds me of a local corner store owner. You have probably seen them. They go to Costco or Walmart and purchase products only to turn around and sell them for at an increased cost for their own profit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha more of a rhetorical question, I know cogeco's track record by now.
Im hoping today they were just overloaded with college basketball. Since the guide is only updated to monday so far, there could be spring training games for the whole week.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Cogeco's Spring Training Schedule (SSP and Sportsnet) (Feb. 28 - Mar. 4)

SSP only has games scheduled for Monday, not sure about the rest of the week

Monday Feb. 28

1:00pm: CH. 455 (SD) - Washington vs NY Mets
3:00pm: CH. 456 (SD) CH. 472 (HD) - Los Angeles Dodgers vs Chi. White Sox
3:00pm: CH. 457 (SD) CH. 473 (HD) - Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland

Tuesday Mar. 1

1:00pm: Sportsnet Ontario - Minnesota vs Boston

Wednesday Mar. 2

1:00pm: Sportsnet Ontario/East - Houston vs NY Yankees

Thursday Mar. 3

3:00pm: Sportsnet West/Pacific - San Francisco vs Colorado

Friday Mar. 4

7:00pm: Sportsnet East - Boston vs NY Yankees

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just pokin some fun tfc182. I suspect that there will be more Spring Training games on SSP going forward. The website schedule will likely be avaiable on Monday and I suspect that that the guide will be updated by then.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anddddd now they haven't updated their guide, so baseball on the SSP today is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Anddddd now they haven't updated their guide, so baseball on the SSP today is anyone's guess.
The only Spring Training Game on the SSP is

3:00pm Cincinnati at LA Angels CH. 454 (SD)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really wish they would get the HD in order. Horizontal black bars make it almost unbearable to watch.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Spring Training Games for March. 2 on SSP:

1:00pm - Houston (SS) at NY Yankees CH. 441 and Sportsnet
3:00pm - Kansas City at LA Dodgers CH. 453

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Spring Training Games on the SSP for Monday March 7

CH. 436 1:00pm Detroit vs NY Mets
CH. 437 1:00pm Philadelphia vs NY Yankees (ss)
CH. 438 3:00pm Milwaukee vs Cincinnati
CH. 436 7:00pm NY Yankees vs (ss)Baltimore (also on Sportsnet Ontario)
CH. 437 9:00pm Texas vs San Francisco

·
Registered
91 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the picture quality for Spring Training on SSP has been extremely poor? I am watching on a 50" plasma so poor picture quality is likely magnified. I think I get better video watching on my computer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No use creating another thread, but why does cogeco not have any games listed for opening day? HD or SD... If there ends up being no games tomorrow then that's just embarassing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I called Cogeco tonight about the fact that the guide has not listed any SSP games starting tomorrow (for month of April and in particular MLB). The CSR "tech" said that Cogeco has no control over the guide and that it is produced and downloaded on the Cogeco server by a third party company out of the States. Apparently, Cogeco does not have any control and the CSR stated that the other company does not field complaints. Get this, the CSR said that Cogeco is just a pipeline, what we get is what we send to the customer. So what is the point of having a DVR, if you do not know when games are scheduled. I see there is no schedule on the Cogeco website, either. They must think that we are a bunch of monkeys that just keep paying each month and do not notice that the Cogeco pipeline leads straight to the toilet. I am calling the President's office of Cogeco tomorrow. I will report my results.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
No use creating another thread, but why does cogeco not have any games listed for opening day? HD or SD... If there ends up being no games tomorrow then that's just embarassing.
the ssp on screen fan 590 schedule will be updated soon. Don't worry there will be games on the ssp tomorrow. In the past, the guide gets updated sometime throughout the early morning hour and if not you will have to check the on screen schedule for channel listings and yes I now that sucks especially if your trying to record.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Schedule for Thursday April 1st:

1:00pm Braves Nationals (SD) CH. 455 (HD) ?
1:00pm Tigers Yankees (SD) CH. 454 (HD) ?
2:00pm Brewers Reds (SD) CH. 456 (HD) ?
4:00pm Angels Royals (SD) CH. 457 (HD) ?
4:00pm Padres Cardinals (SD) CH. 458 (HD) ?
8:00pm Giants Dodgers (SD) CH. 459 (HD) ?

HD ? = Not listed on the on screen schedule or guide, so not sure if the game will air in HD until game-time

·
Banned
364 Posts
They must think that we are a bunch of monkeys that just keep paying each month and do not notice that the Cogeco pipeline leads straight to the toilet.
Love it. Can't wait to read the results of your call to the President's Office.

I cancelled my SSP a couple weeks ago when they weren't showing the NIT games from ESPN. Saw in the guide on Tuesday that the semi-finals were on. Oh well, too late for Cogeco.

The best part? When I called to cancel the SSP and the TMN package, the CSR just said OK and made the changes. Didn't try to prevent me from dropping almost $60/month ($52 + HST + LPIF) from my bill or even ask me why I was dropping those packages. I guess they don't know what retention is (not that they could have persuaded me, although they might've got me to keep TMN if they knocked $5/mth off).

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well 1pm rolls around the first two games of the season are about to begin and NO HD what so ever (only SD). When you go to the channels it just says One Moment Please with a reference code and also the guide is not updated, it only shows Super Sports Pack = FAIL!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is unbelievable. It's opening day! OPENING DAY!! We pay 30/month and we don't get HD for the first day of the season. What kind of company is this

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is the last straw for me , I subscribe to the SSP for Baseball and basketball only, and no HD for nba or mlb? im done with them~!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts