Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI - as it would be easy to miss this for those only checking SNET ONE for college football...

Good to see SNET pacific picking up games now that ONE is showing NBA in the some of the previously used timeslots, especially live games.
I think this is the first doubleheader I've seen as well!

Ironic though that the first ever week where a Canadian NCAA school is being featured on US regional TV that this is not one of the two broadcasts.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Are you saying that a US network is picking up a Division II game? I doubt it's anything major ... remember, the Clan play in NCAA Division II, not Division I FBS or FCS and the level of play is roughly that of a good CIS program (which SFU wasn't which explains why they're such a poor Div II football team).

Sportsnet or the Score aren't going to pick up that level of football when there is tons of good FBS games to choose from.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, wasn't a major network and although ironic definitely understandable given FSN's existing relationship with SNET.

While D2 football leaves something to be desired, the quality of D2 basketball is definitely comparable to mid-low level D1. FSN is picking up a package of D2 basketball including a game featuring SFU in January. Given there's no Canucks game that night, this seems like a good fit for SNET Pac.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I honestly don't think that we will see Div. 2 basketball on Canadian TV. The only posibility would be if Shaw wanted to pick up local rights to SFU games.

Basically Sportsnet's deal with FSN is to provide Big 12 FB, some Pac-10 FB and Pac-10 hoops. I'm not sure that it includes anything else (although I hope Sunday Night Hoops is included this winter).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts