Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sportsnet.ca today announced the availability of its Web site optimized for use with the revolutionary iPhone 3G and iPod touch. The mobile site offers users access to a wealth of sports information including customized real-time scores, stats, standings and breaking news for all the sports they follow.

Simply by visiting sportsnet.ca on an iPhone 3G or iPod touch, users will be able to find team schedules, blogs and the latest stories from their home team.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
They need to tweak the article font a bit (whatever the Toronto Star uses is very readable) and add an iPhone "favicon" but it's a very good start. They face some stiff competition from the SportsTap app though.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I have Sportstap installe as well, NeilN. I was just thinking the same thing. It'll be interesting once the NHL season starts to use a web based resource like SportsNet against an app like SportsTap to see which one is better.

It's a good way to get news, but there lies another dilemma as I get most of my news using RSS feeds in NewsStand, a nifty app which makes RSS look really good.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sportstap is great. The football and baseball are very detailed and I hope hockey gets similar input.

I like the idea of having a widget/app that pulls information and display it on the device vs. clicking and scrolling around a web page even if it designed for smaller displays.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
PokerChip, have you tried Google Reader for the iPhone? I used a Windows client based feed reader for years but gave it up because Google's offering allowed me to keep everything in sync whether I was using a browser or the iPhone.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Not so hot on this site overall but its good for the news. Scores are not live it seems. Stamps-Als game is shown as being in the 4th quater but no scores are shown. Hopefully they fix it up as its quick loading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts