Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that sportsnet was showing the Davis Cup tennis match today Canada v Mexico.

It's on every possible sportsnet channel BUT pacific region! I get to watch Pokerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Sportsnet bites and I will be giving them feedback,

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
There is also live streaming of the event on Sportsnet.ca for those who only get Sportsnet Pacific and have to watch hockey instead of getting the tennis...

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
aeroplane, as stated already, the tennis started at 11am PT (2pm PT). The Canucks game was set to start at 1pm PT (4pm ET). There was NO chance Rogers was going to risk having to preempt the Canucks game if the Tennis went long for whatever reason, so they didn't air it on Sportsnet Pacific.

However, it was available on the Sportsnet site or if you sub to any of the other 3 regional channels. So if it was that important for you to watch, you had other ways of getting it.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I give Sportsnet credit for actually putting time and effort into airing tennis. TSN never aired non-Masters Series ATP events or Davis Cup (at least to my recollection). Outside of the majors/Olympics, I don't remember the last time any doubles match was on Canadian TV.

·
Registered
689 Posts
The Indian Wells final is on at 4pm EST. The Djoker, who has really raised his game of late, defeated Federer yesterday. Recently he's beaten Fed at the US Open, the Australian Open, the Dubai final, and now Indian Wells. So it will be Nadal v Djokovic on Sportsnet One.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Also on ABC. Their coverage starts with the women's final at 2pm ET, followed by the men's not before 4pm ET. I think it is Chris Fowler and Darren Cahill calling it on ABC, so not too bad. It is Sam Gore and Robbie Koening on Sportsnet One.

Of course yesterday ABC was the only US network that broke away from sports programming (NBC had golf, CBS had basketball) to show breaking news of the US attacks in Libya. Then WXYZ (maybe all eastern stations?) broke away at 6pm ET for local news even though the second semi was still going.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts