Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the rogers super sports pak since 2007 and every year they have shown all regional ABC games on one of their channels. But this year they have only showed a few that we didn't already get on the local abc channel and this week we have a huge game (clemson at georgia tech) that is not going to be shown on the local Buffalo abc station. Every time I call rogers about these issues they say they have no control over what games they show it's the "ncaa" that controls it. So who can I contact to get this fixed I'm tired of missing the biggest games such as texas Tech's major upset at Oklahoma last week.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I think you have the answer already. Apparently you need to contact the NCAA since they control what games get shown where.

·
Registered
689 Posts
It's actually ESPN/ABC that controls the regional distribution in this case.

But ESPN licenses all their games to Rogers (except the ones already carried by other Canadian networks) and it's up to them to put it on the sports pack.

The situation last Saturday night was warped. ABC was supposed to have 2 games, distributed regionally. WCVB had Texas Tech-Oklahoma, KOMO had Washington-Stanford. Would have worked out great....except that the Oklahoma game was delayed 2 hours due to a storm. ABC ended up giving everyone the Stanford game, while the end of the Oklahoma game was moved to ESPN2 so to not interrupt the late local news.

The problem was that Rogers never picked up the rest of Oklahoma game on the sports pack. After the first ESPN2 game ended the channel went blank.

The Clemson-Georgia Tech game isn't scheduled to air on any ABC affiliate available in Canada, so there's a good chance the SSP may pick it up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I wouldn't have gotten the OKlahoma texas Tech game even if there was no rain delay because in my region we're only getting the local ABC game and none of the others on the ssp. For example, for the 3:30 time slot there was 3 games distributed regionally in the US on ABC(nebraska/minn,a and m/iowa state and maryland/florida state) but I only got the one abc game(nebraska minn) and the other 2 weren't on ssp at all. It's been like that all season for me and I really hope I don't miss clemson ga tech because I really like watching Clemson and this will be their biggest test this season.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Bell's guide has the Clemson vs. Ga Tech game listed. So Rogers probably will if they don't already.

They don't have the Oklahoma vs. K-State game from ESPN however.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rogers has the Kstate Oklahoma game listed but not Clemson. It's funny tho because we actually get all 3 ABC games at 3:30 which is different from what happened the last 2 weeks. But I don't get the one ABC game I really wanted the Clemson game what is going on why are they messing up they're supposed to give us all espn/espn2/abc/espnu games plus a couple others.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What provider do you have? I checked my schedule and 436 only has syracuse at louisvile at 12 and baylor at oklahoma state at 3:30 and nothing else listed for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting...why do you think that 3 ABC games are in red though? At least when I call them tomorrow(if the game isn't being shown)I can send them that link.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh yeah? that's the one channel I don't get so I guess I'll be screwed out of the texas tech ok st one next week 2

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hope not, for your sake, but the way Tech's been performing the last 2 weeks you might be grateful in the end!

Yeah. I definetly wasn't expecting the texas tech oklahoma game to be good either but maybe tech only gets up for the big games who knows. This time they are home as well. It is the 2nd most important game of the week so I hope I get it but I doubt it. I'm tired of seeing all the alabama and lsu games and missing the big 12 ones.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So theyre not showing the virginia tech/ga tech game?? The thurssday espn games are usually on the score but it's not there or anywhere else. What the hell is going on?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why do they always take the best games from us? The last 5 or 6 thursday espn games have been brutal (and we knew they would be before the games started) yet we see them but they take away the one game that actually could be good?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts