Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Agreed. Cogeco misrepresents HD for sports. I never see more than one game available on any given night. Cogeco has poor HD coverage to begin with. Bell expressvu is much better.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I contacted Cogeco today regarding this very topic and a CSR advised me that they do not have control over the Super Sports Pack. They received this product from Rogers and are at the mercy of Rogers in terms of what is shown. For example, the Michigan State / Northwestern college football game was supposed to be in HD today on the Super Sports Pack but apparently Rogers decided not to provide the HD feed to Cogeco. Nothing like a company selling a product they have no control over!

·
Banned
364 Posts
Complete BS. Are we expected to believe that Rogers must "provide" the feeds for Cogeco? IF so, then Cogeco should be getting a refund from Rogers and passing that along to every one of their SSP subscribers.

Please, I'm begging everyone; if you are/know a contact at Cogeco that has any authority over the SSP, please PM me with the contact information. I would love very much to speak to somebody about this package.

Somebody (who's often asleep, I assume) is in charge of this thing and they're not doing a very good job. I want to help.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Spoke with the President's Office of Cogeco Cable today. It was confirmed that in terms of the Super Sports Pack, Cogeco does not have control over this product but is subjuct to what is provided to them by Rogers. Secondly, due to capacity issues with Cogeco, it was confirmed that only 4 HD channels can be utlized in the Super Sport Pack at any one time. So the big press release and allocation of 23 Super Sport Pack High Definition channels in May 2010 was a complete joke; since only 4 channels can be used at one time. Finally, I learned that there are employees in the corporate office that monitor social media such as this site. So tell it like it is, because Cogeco is reading this site.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
I think it's complete crap. Cogeco has every right to address this issue with Rogers. The issue is Cogeco is unwilling to work with Rogers to resolve the issue. To just accept that Rogers is continuing to offer a sub par product and not address customer concerns is just deplorable on Cogeco's part.

I have Source Cable and I have the same kind of Issue with Super Sports Pack and I believe Source Cable gets their SSP feeds from Cogeco and thus the exact same errors and omissions that are reported on this site.

Was not a happy camper that I could not get the Michigan State game in HD on the weekend.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I will definately look to other alternatives for HD sports next year... what a joke. thanks guys.

·
Banned
364 Posts
I will definately look to other alternatives for HD sports next year... what a joke. thanks guys.
Me too. It's just a matter of time before I kiss goodbye to Cogeco TV forever.

There's probably nothing they can do to stop it either, save for fully providing the service I pay for (and nothing less) at half the cost.

And don't think for a minute I'm switching to Bell. The simsubs alone would drive me to distraction (not unlike Willie Weirdie did to Al Jaffee).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just be happy you get any channels from the super sports pack in HD. Try living in Sarnia where our crappy Cogeco service gives us zero SSP HD channels and only a dozen HD channels in total.

If it wasnt for the ohl games being included in the sportspack we would have dumped cogeco long ago.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is absolutely ridiculous none of the channels on the sportpack have anything on them including the Stardard def channels!!! 1 hour after 7 pm and still not fixed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Epic Fail again!

I will be cancelling soon and moving to Bell. When I signed up for the package the CSR told me that HD was much better. 4 games a night across 3 or sports is a frickin' joke. Also find it dishonest that cogeco does not disclose that this is a rogers product. I cannot believe we pay the same price for something that Rogers had to design, build, implement and support while cogeco has done nothing innovative! The programming guide should be signed - graphics by kenner!

·
Registered
91 Posts
tfc183

Your last post says that you get all of the HD SSP channels. Are you implying that they are all listed in your guide or are you actually getting more then 4 sports broadcasts at one time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Haha no I just get the regular 3 or 4 HD broadcasts per night like everyone else, but it seems like some people in the same city get no HD SSP channels at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts